Better Than It Sounds: Video Game Genres
Video Game Genres aren't immune to this either.
- Adventure: Run around collecting stuff.
- Hidden Object Game: Rummage through a guy's trash looking for clues about his personal life.
- Art Game: Look at scenery and listen to music. May also include some gameplay, but no guarantees.
- Fighting: Trade attacks with an opponent.
- Beat 'Em Up: Very uneven battle with food on the ground.
- First-Person Shooter: Try to fight despite having no awareness of your feet.
- Third-Person Shooter: You can see your feet now, but your view is shifted to one side.
- Platforming: Jump carefully.
- Platform Hell: Asshole game designer tries to frustrate you.
- Puzzle Game: A Sisyphean exercise in block arrangement.
- Racing Game: Drive like you're terrifyingly sane.
- Real-Time Strategy: Think fast before the enemies wipe you.
- Role-Playing: Beat the crap out of woodland creatures, rob the houses of people who can only say one sentence, and repeatedly get ripped off by hotels until you save the world.
- Rhythm Game: Hit various buttons in the right order at the right time. Quickly.
- Shoot-Em-Up: Shoot enemies, dodge bullets. May have lots of bullets.
- Bullet Hell: There are an absurdly large number of bullets. Most have no chance of hitting anything.
- Survival Horror: Try not to die. Or go insane. Or wet yourself.
- Tower Defense: Enemies cannot fire and try to run to the exit instead.
- Alternatively: Take increasingly convoluted preventative measures to keep an apparently endless number of things from getting to the other side of the screen. Almost nothing at your disposal can move from wherever you put it.
- Turn-Based Strategy: Think carefully or else the enemy will outperform you.
- Visual Novel: Click through dialogue and occasionally answer multiple choice questions.
- Dating Sim: Get your pathetic life in order so you can hook up with a hottie.
- Wide Open Sandbox: Do whatever you want.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.