- In the Daria Expanded Universe Fan Fic series ' Tales of the Ringbearers ', The Ringbearer's Creed:
- Not to be outdone, those who wear the corrupted versions of the Rings - the Ringwraiths - have their own creed, which is infinitely more Bad Ass:
Our enemies fall, from low and high
To salted earth, through burning sky
And all shall know our Ringwraith's cry
Let Vengeance Ring - and all hope die!
- The Epic Tiberium Wars Fan Fic has this from a Mammoth Tank crewman:
Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."
- The Black Hand have their own, more solemn creed:
We have sworn our lives in the service of the Brotherhood.
In Brotherhood, we are all equal.
Within our Brotherhood, we are united.
Within unity, we are victorious.
By attaining unity, we strive for peace.
With our lives, we sacrifice to bring peace to the Brotherhood.
Through our lives, we bring power to the Brotherhood. With power, the Brotherhood brings peace.
Peace through power.
In the name of Kane.
- From Chapter 35 of Diashi Prime's Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Fan Fic "Endless Waltz" comes what will become the Creed and Oaths of the Twilight Paladins:
"I stand between the Light and the Darkness, between the Innocent and the Monstrous, between the Just and the Vile. I dwell at the edge of Darkness, that others may live in the Light. I am a Twilight Paladin. As such, I hereby take these oaths:
"Upon my honor, upon my soul, upon my magic and my hope for redemption, I swear to never again kill a thinking being.
"Upon my honor, upon my soul, upon my magic and my hope for redemption, I swear to seek and serve justice to the limit of my capacity and the best of my understanding.
"Lastly, I swear my magic, my skills, and my life to your defense and your service."
- Chapter 12 of CSS.Stravag's "Legend Of The Jokers Wild Revised" has this:
"I am the Archangel of Solace, bound forever to those who wish not to go quietly into the night. I will not rest until it is assured that Existence is not damned to annihilation in the days of Ragnarok. So is my duty written, so shall it be."
- Shadow Crystal Mage's Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 has the Wolkenritter Oath,
though so far only in the omake material and polls finally appearing in chapter 15:
“In days of peace, in times of war,
Protect our Queen forever more!
The five Clouds stand, we are her Knights!
To guard Hayate, our delight!”
- Also, an altered Red Lantern Oath:
"With Blood and Rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a Corpse so freshly dead.
Together with my hellish hate,
I swear none other shall share my fate!"
"I am the one who has been given a mission. Under the contract, release these powers. The winds are in the sky, the stars are in the heavens, the light is in my hands and the power is in my heart! And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light, the light of the Green Lantern! Raging Heart Emerald Excelion, Set Up!"
"Magical Girl Green Lantern, Zenryoku Zenkai! Ready for action!"
- A Fanfiction by the name of "Standing Tall" from the now defunct site Second Impact hosted, is delivered by Gendo Ikari to the face of a newly-restored Adam, describing human determination.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
"If I am alone, why can I hear their voices?"
"If I am a doll, why do I feel their tears?"
"I am not alone. Shinji is my brother."
"I am not a doll. Asuka is my sister."
- Toy Hammer has this gem from a
Space Marine in a world of Warhammer 40,000, just as he activates a wall of gatling guns to shred a pack of advancing daemons:
I SHALL FEAR NO EVIL, I SHALL FEAR NO FOE!
- One of the Space Marine battle-brothers, though, does call out on the lack of sense of that last line.
- From the Ranma/Sailor Moon fanfic, Paragon
From out of darkness comes a light.
From out of Chaos comes a champion.
To attack the innocent for your dark ambitions can never be forgiven.
Judgment has been made— and you are found wanting.
- The author of ZeroShock has posted a pair of Badass Creeds in the style of Archer's Unlimited Blade Works chant based around Jack's Bee Plasmid. They can be found here, for the first one that would be in the centerpiece of a Crowning Moment Of Awesome, and here, which is a Crowning Moment of Funny in itself.
- From the TinMan fanfic "Tin," there's the Tin Man Oath of Service:
I swear to defend with my axe
And to shield with my tin,
The safety of the innocent that is more dear than my own,
From the smallest insect to the greatest monarch.
I protect the good from the wicked; so I must be pure of heart
I defend the truth; so I must never lie.
Standing guard so others may rest, I work and do not tire.
I am prepared at any moment to give my life for those I protect.
Despite the hardships this vow may bring,
I take this oath freely, and with all my heart.
I serve and protect the Land of Oz.
I am a Tin Man.
- "We're Power Rangers! We don't quit, we don't surrender, and most importantly, WE DON'T LOSE!!"
- There is a fic where the main character's creed is "(I am) a fallen angel, a risen demon, a gargoyle guarding a church of sin and despair. I am vengeance made manifest. Nox Denticula. Night's fang. Dammed lot, stained with the blood of the innocent. I pronounce you guilty. And the guilty shall be punished for their crimes!"
- Not literally from a fanfic, but the hypothetical Orange Lantern oath:
This Power is mine, this is my light,
No-one can take what gives me Might,
I claim to all within my Sight
I want, I take, that is my Right.
- A Hero has the Dalek Creed, said while slaughtering 400+ familiars.
DE-STORY WITH-OUT MER-CY!
A-TTACK WITH-OUT FEAR!
LIVE WITH-OUT CON-SCIENCE!
EX-TER-MIN-ATE WITH-OUT PI-TY!
- Godric Gryffindor:
Non est salvatori salvator,
neque defensori dominus,
nec pater nec mater,
(No rescuer hath the rescuer.
No Lord hath the champion,
no mother and no father,
only nothingness above.)
- A lost Spiral Knights fanfic had one recorded by Parma who had been transformed into a guardian of the Core.
I close my eyes and all I can see is utter darkness, the same darkness I saw when awake.
We wait within the core and we wait for those who would take it from us.
They will not succeed.
- In Frozen Hearts, Prince Hans recites this list of what a prince must be. The last part becomes his Survival Mantra.
: "A prince forgets the trespasses against him
, no matter how terrible. He sacrifices for others
, even to the expense of his soul. He forgives until he forfeits breath. He is strong, he is compassionate, and the sum of these things makes him complete... a prince I am and a prince I will be."
- The Griefer Collective in Yognapped have a particularly somber one.
We do what we must
, not in malice, nor in pleasure, but in grief.
- The Legio Terminatus in Shinji And Warhammer 40 K recite their creed as they go to battle:
"THIS CITY IS TAINTED. PURGE IT! WITH BOLT AND SWORD AND FIRE!
THERE IS ONLY THE LAST RITES, THE BLESSING OF PURITY
WE ANOINT YOU WITH FIRE, GO IN PEACE TO YOUR REST
WE ARE SWORN TO PROTECT, WE ARE GIVEN TO PRESERVE...
WE RELEASE YOU FROM YOUR TORTURED THRALL...
TO ALLIES WE GIVE HONOR, TO ENEMIES OF MAN, RUIN!
KNOW THAT WE ARE TERMINATUS LEGIO, HERAKLITUS,
THE FINAL WORD IS HERE, WE SHALL END YOU
OUR DUTY IS HONOR, AND DEATH IS OUR REWARD,
FOR WE ARE THE CHOSEN, AND WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR
WE CARRY THE LIGHTNING, WE BRING THE THUNDER!
WE HOLD THE STRENGTH TO LET HUMANITY PROSPER
WE CARRY THE VIRTUE TO SMASH ITS ENEMIES INTO DUST!
THERE IS NO ENEMY BEYOND OUR MIGHT!
THERE IS NO SAFETY AGAINST OUR WRATH!
WE ARE PROUD TO LIVE, WE ARE PROUD TO DIE!
WE ARE FORGED IN WAR, WE ARE TEMPERED IN BLOOD
IN OUR SOULS WE CRAFT THE VICTORY OF ALL MANKIND!
BURN, HERETIC! BURN IN CLEANSING FLAME!
REJOICE IN THE FIRES OF YOUR ABSOLUTION!
TO THE DARKNESS, WE BRING FIRE!
TO THE IGNORANT WE BRING FAITH!
TO THE HELPLESS WE GIVE OUR HAND,
TO THE CORRUPT WE GIVE OUR FIST!"
- MLP Next Generation: Know Fear!: When Starburst becomes the Fear Lantern, she uses the Sinestro Corps oath, though tweaked to replace "Sinestro's might" with "Fear Lantern's light". At the climax, however, she retools it completely during her Heroic Second Wind moment in her rematch against Nox/Shadow Wing:
“In twilight’s dusk, in moonlit night,
Evil shall cower before my might!
When darkness comes to cloud my sight,
I’ll shine like my power – Fear Lantern’s light!!!”