Axis Powers Hetalia: Miscellaneous
to go back to the character index.
It's okey, I'm American!
The Nekotalia Cast (Germouser, Itabby, Japaneko, etc.)
- Canine Companion: Pochi, too. Japaneko even rides on his back.
- Cats Are Mean: Germouser, but only when Itabby or Austriacat push his buttons.
- Cats Are Snarkers: Japaneko, when he's not gushing over his beloved tuna.
- Fan Nickname: Strictly speaking "Itabby", "Germouser" and "Japaneko", etc. are fan-translations of how the cats call each other... sorta like kitty versions of nation names. Since the other cats's names haven't been given, fans have come up with kitty-nation Punny Names (Francecat/France-chat, Chinacat/Catina, Iggycat/Britten/Englandcat, Americat, Gilkatze, Kittaiwan/Wankitty, Caustria/Mewstria/Miaustria, Hunkitten, Yaongsoo/Koreacat, Spaincat/Spaingato, Romanocat/Mewmano, etc) out of necessity.
- Also counting the cats who were given formal "names" by fans (E.g. Enzo for Romanocat, etc.).
- Cute Kitten: You have to ask?
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Prussia-cat has one across his left eye.
- Flower Motifs: Hunkitty and Kittaiwan have flowers on their furs, just like the girls they represent wear flowers on their hairs.
- Impoverished Patrician: Austriacat lives in a run-down house that apparently was very cozy and complains about being alone...
- Names to Know in Anime: The cats that appeared in the anime were voiced by the same seiyuus as their owners: E.g: Itabby by Daisuke Namikawa, Hiroki Yasumoto for Germouser, etc. Monacat was the only exception: she's voiced by Yuki Kaida, but Monaco didn't show up in the anime at all.
- Only One Name: All of the cats, including Japaneko and Itabby who were formally given a pet name ("Tama" and "Gino" respectively) have one name since they're well... cats.
- The Ojou: Monacat is just as dainty-looking as her owner Monaco. She even has a kitty collar that looks like jewelry!
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Russiacat manages to pull this towards Itabby and Romanocat.
- Trademark Favorite Food: For Japaneko, tuna is Serious Business.
- Deadpan Snarker: The dub narrator. She tends to snark the characters and the viewers.
- Female Gaze: Subverted; she's happy to talk about France and other men getting naked in one episode, but she goes on to say that she only wants to see it because she thinks the male form is rendered "kind of silly when naked".
- Lemony Narrator: Especially in the dub.
- Take That, Audience!: In-universe, she tends to make fun of American viewers and anime fans.
- Unseen Character: For obvious reasons.
- Yaoi Fangirl/Shipper on Deck: Talks about male/male relationships in a teasing manner and comments that Britain and France "love each other...sexually".