open/close all folders
99% of people go through their lives without even knowing about my existence! Only having your name known is above this!
Voiced by: Megumi Takamoto (JP), Cassandra Hodges (World Series), Caitlin Glass (The Beautiful World) (EN)
- Ambiguously Brown
- Annoying Younger Sibling: An adopted one of sorts towards England and France. But mostly England.
- Bare Your Midriff: In a few chibi sketches where she wears an outfit reminiscent of pirates.
- Big Eater: Implied. In the 2010 Christmas Bloodbath, she was willing to eat Finland's cooking, and even asked for him to send her food in exchange for a photo.
- Cool Sword: She gets one in her 2011 Halloween costume and a few sketches.
- Covert Pervert: Turns out that she really likes butts. (Or at least coconuts shaped like butts.)
- The Ditz: She has a few moments. So far, she seems to be the spaciest of all the female characters, especially in the Christmas events, where she has texted Finland just to ask how he would describe ants being all over the place and tries to play in the snow as if it were sand.Seychelles: Ah, can I eat the fish? It's a fresh fish. [...] Or would a flying fish be better? Is it?
Even though others are pretty sure they could never imitate her, she's such an airhead that one can't help worrying about her.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Lampshaded in the 13th Birz chapter.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Illustrations show her as either wearing sandals or going barefoot.
- Friend to All Living Things: Hinted at in her character song.The tuna, the shrimps, the dolphins and the sea gulls,when we hold their hands, they all become our friends.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Gossipy Hens: Seems to have shades of this in volume four when she has a lot of trouble keeping it to herself that a certain royal couple would be spending their honeymoon at her place.
- Hair Decorations: Her red ribbons.
- Heavy Sleeper: Somehow manages to fall asleep in the middle of her own character song.
- Island Mouse: In "Gakuen Hetalia".
- Joshikousei: She's the star of Gakuen Hetalia, as already mentioned.
- Large Ham: She tends to be a bit over-dramatic sometimes. Her reaction to being told that her place would be the honeymoon destination for Will and Kate is a good example of this.
- New Transfer Student: In the Gakuen Hetalia game, France convinces her to join the World Academy. When she draws her national crest on the chalkboard, the other members of her Africa Class laugh so hard at how cheesy it is they need to be taken to the school infirmary.
- Nubile Savage
- Only Sane Man: Averted. In Gakuen Hetalia, Seychelles attempts to put a curse on England, only to have him reveal himself as a lover of black magic as he starts begging for her to teach him. This causes Seychelles to think on how strange everyone in World Academy W is, not realizing that she is in fact just as weird as everyone else.
- Plucky Girl: As attested by the quote mentioned above.
- The Prankster: In the 2011 Bloodbath, she admits to prank calling England. However, she doesn't seem to be good at it.Seychelles: I'll say my name and everything straight up when I prank call England. I'll pretend to talk about the TV instruction manual with him.
- Sassy Black Woman: The more positive side of this trope. She occasionally says snarky things about her (at the time) boss England as well, and is said to have dumped France in Christmas. Look below as well.
- Shorttank: Seems to be getting this treatment in a few sketches as of late.
- The Slacker: Despite her energetic tendencies, Seychelles is described as being sloppy and a bit lazy. This shows up during the Christmas events where she puts off cleaning and is portrayed as being very carefree.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Monaco's girly girl in the Hetaween event.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fish.
- Tsundere: In Gakuen Hetalia, she's a Type B that goes from demure and polite to screaming or swearing as soon as England or France push her too far, either by being bossy (England) or by groping her (France).
- In the original Gakuen Hetalia script, one of the "bad endings" (the one where she joins the Axis) drives it very straight to the point, as it finished with Seychelles screaming and swearing that she'll kill England the next time they meet.
- To England (After he clamps a dog collar on her and declares her his colony): LIKE HELL I WILL YOU EYEBROW BASTAAARD!
- Why Did It Have to Be Snow?: She seems to hate the cold in the 2011 Bloodbath, nearly passing out because of it. Justified because of her Real Life climate.
- Zettai Ryouiki: With her uniform in Gakuen Hetalia. In the original draft, she wears what appears to be a Grade D, while in the PSP version, it's closer to a C.
Ah, no… I was playing soccer with the kids and the ball hit Mr. Mulema’s house.
- Everything's Cuter With Kittens: Sort-of. He has a lion cub◊ named Kokolo.
- Intellectual Animal: Kokolo is, apparently, a Glasgow University Fine Arts graduate.
- Gentle Giant: The most popular fanon characterization. Having a big "kitty" certainly helps.
- Perma Shave: He even shaves an X on the side of his hair.
- Stoic Spectacles
- Scary Black Man: Complete aversion, since he may have the looks but personality-wise he's an absolute sweetheart.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
Egypt - Gupta Muhammad Hassan
Voiced by: Hiroki Takahashi (JP), Eriko Nakamura (JP, as a child), Scott Sager (EN)
- But Not Too Black: While he has olive skin in the illustrations, the anime makes him much paler. It's true that some Egyptian people are quite pale compared to other African ethnicities, but still.
- Cute Mute: Egypt is not much of a talker. Though, at one point, France asked him if he could even talk, to which Egypt responded, "Would you like to buy something?"
- Green Eyes: In this profile picture. In earlier artwork and the anime, he has Brown Eyes instead.
- Magic Warrior: Maybe, considering one or three sketches.
- Often seen as a fourth wheel to the'Magic Trio'.
- Non-Human Sidekick: His jackal hound, Anubis. Obviously named after the Egyptian god of the Dead.
- In his new profile picture, he has an falcon as well. Likely an allusion to Ra, the falcon god of the Sun.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: According to Word of God.
- Tsurime Eyes: Noticeably.