- Several songs from the Hip Hop group Gravediggaz are known for their lyrics describing people mentally unstable, or complete sociopathic murderers.
- P!nk, in her video of "Please Don't Leave Me" here goes "Misery" on her boyfriend, and then when he tries to get away chases him down with an ax and does the Jack Nicholson hatchet-job on the door, complete with menacing look through the opening.
- Eazy-E on the song "Sorry Louie". The song goes on to describe how he will sadistically killing an enemy castrating him and leaving him completely covered in blood, and then proceeds to kill the man's wife and son!
- Referenced in Pink Floyd's "One of My Turns" from The Wall. As Pink proceeds to demolish his apartment in front of a groupie, he screams the following:
"Run to the bedroom!
In the suitcase on the left
You'll find my favorite axe!"
- The lines have a double-meaning, since Pink is a guitarist and would under normal circumstances simply be referring to his guitar.
- Their early song "Careful With That Axe, Eugene".
- "One of These Days": "One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces"
- The protagonist of the The Birthday Massacre song "Happy Birthday".
- Name a heavy metal band from the late 70s-early 80s, they have AT LEAST one song about someone being Ax Crazy.
- "Sweating Bullets" and "Black Friday" by Megadeth.
- "Axes of Evil" by 3 Inches of Blood.
- Metallica's (quite good actually) cover of Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy". Also, "Battery", as in 'assault and'.
- X Japan's "ILLKILLYOU," "Kurenai," "Week End" (alongside a nightmarish and over the top PV) and "Rose of Pain." "Rose of Pain" is about Elizabeth Bathory, a Real Life Ax Crazy. (Okay, MAYBE not as much.)
- Jaguar actually has a song named "Axe Crazy".
- GWAR lives this trope.
- "Hey everybody, did the news get around/About a guy named Butcher Pete?"
- Julie Brown's The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun:
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a gun
Debbie's smiling and waving her gun
Picking off cheerleaders one by one
Oh Buffie's pompom just blew to bits
Oh no, Mitzie's head just did the splits
God, my best friend's on a shooting spree
- The narrator of Creature Feature's "Such Horrible Things" even admits that he deserves to rot in Hell.
- At least one character in every single song off Nick Cave's Murder Ballads, but especially notably Lottie in the Curse Of Millhaven
- In the video to Babes in Toyland's "He's My Thing," a Creepy Doll mutilates another Creepy Doll out of jealousy.
- Slim Shady, hands down. Here's the latest proof.
- In the first few lines of Cage's "Among the Sleep", he wakes up to find a dead prostitute with an ax in her back.
- Harry Chapin takes a turn in this direction with 'Sniper'. Take a guess as to what the song's about, given that title.
- The Writer from Coheed and Cambria's first Good Apollo album. By the end, he is definitely mentally unstable and has the ability to kill off any character he wants, since he wrote them into existence.
- Mr Psycho. He'll blow you away.
- The title character from The Beatles' "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", who goes around bashing people over the head with said hammer whenever something doesn't go his way.
- Robert from Foster The People's Pumped Up Kicks. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks... you'd better run, better run, outrun my gun...
- The Irish Ballad from Tom Lehrer.
- Emilie Autumn's I Know Where You Sleep. The title alone should tell you enough, but just take a look at the chorus:
You can lie to the papers.
you can hide from the press.
You can fake it on stage.
You can crawl from your cage.
You can search and destroy.
You can kill but depend on it.
I know your tainted flesh,
I know your filthy soul.
I know each trick you played,
whore you laid,
dream you stole.
I know the bed in the room in the wall in the house
where you got what you wanted and then ruined it all.
I know the secrets that you keep.
- Insane Clown Posse.
- The narrator of The Residents' cover of "Satisfaction".
- A large portion of Death Metal lyrics.
- Tails the Fox is turned into one in the Starbomb song "Sonic's Best Pal".
- YAPOOS' Nikya no Youni ("Like a butcher" in English). If the title didn't give it away:
One quick tug on the chainsaw starter
Oh please, wonít someone stop me
It reverberates in the bones
The feeling of ecstasy through my body, oh no
Light the boiler coke of my murderous intent
Oh, I canít hold out any longer
I thirst for trickling lifeblood