Ax Crazy / Animated Film
"Tired, Mr. Thatch?! Ah, that's a darn shame... 'CAUSE I'M JUST GETTING WARMED UP!"
- Hopper and Thumper of A Bug's Life, the latter even moreso.
- The Adventure Of Tom Thumb & Thumbelina: The Mole King towards the end when he chases down Tom and Thumbelina.
- Beauty and the Beast: Gaston during the final showdown with the Beast.
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire, from the same directors: Rourke attacks Milo with an ax as the hot air balloon transport is crashing. He himself admits that Milo has done what few people have, which is royally piss him off.
- Mr. Gristle from The Boxtrolls takes much more delight in the unpleasant parts of his job than Mr. Trout and Pickles.
- Mrs. Tweedy in Chicken Run when she sees the chickens escaping and suffers a Villainous Breakdown.
- Lord Barkis Bittern from Corpse Bride after finding out that Victoria is poor after he married her. He murders Emily so that he can get her fortune and it is implied that he plans to do the same to Victoria. He also attempts to kill Victor.
- The Lion King has Zira from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride who is MUCH less composed and self-controlled than her predecessor Scar.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame: At first, Claude Frollo seems composed and calm. But as he begins to develop an unhealthy obsession for Esmeralda, he slowly loses his sanity, going as far as torching Paris all to search for her, and having her burned at the stake when she refuses his advances. And by the end of the film, he's willing to hack Quasimodo and Esmeralda with a sword.
- Captain DuBois from Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. She wants to have Alex's head on the wall so much that, when Alex, Gloria, Marty and Melman are tranquilized by her men, she tries to use a saw to cut Alex's head off. She doesn't stop there. Even after Alex is put back in captivity in the zoo, DuBois tries to use a poison dart to kill him. Thank goodness Gia shows up with the circus animals to save him in the nick of time.
- Ursula of The Little Mermaid. When she transforms into Vanessa, its implied that she lost quite a bit of sanity (to the point of becoming borderline Ax Crazy) when turning into her, as she talks to her mirror in a manner similar to a schizophrenic, emits a psychotic grin when throwing a pin at a mirror's head with enough velocity to knock the mirror back, and most certainly kill a person had that been a human being, and then her cackling. She's most certainly Ax Crazy when she has her Villainous Breakdown after Ariel destroys her eel pets though.
- Actually its hinted that she was never sane to begin with...if you take notice of the fact that she has former mermaids as a polyp garden in the entrance to her cave...
- Rumpelstiltskin. Don't be fooled by the trickster shell. Deep down, he's really a homicidal sociopath.
- Prince Charming in the Scared Shrekless story "Boots Motel", (a parody of Psycho's Bates Motel) which Donkey and Puss in Boots make up.
- Muntz from Up. Polite and reserved... but for the love of god, don't make him think for one second you're going to 'steal' Kevin, or else you'll find out just how off his rocker he really is.
- Bruce from Finding Nemo, but only when he smells blood.
- Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation: Mr. Hitcher has a REALLY strong affinity for chainsaws and for using them on small animals and despite being an over-the-top parody of slasher movie villains he is still a downplayed case of an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain as whenever he is not on a rampage he blunders and faces comical mishaps.