Awesome Music: Yuzo Koshiro
Check here for more info.
- His arguably most famous work is Streets of Rage. Here is the page.
- His work on the Shinobi games is also top shelf.
- Super Adventure Island was released on SNES in 1992. This is what the in-game music sounds like. Let me just repeat that: this is a game that was released in 1992. If the Streets of Rage examples didn't prove that Yuzo Koshiro is a genius, this should.
- The Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune soundtracks as a whole, produced by Yuzo Koshiro. It should be noted that the original Maximum Tune's soundtrack can be legally downloaded for free here.
- Actraiser provides all sorts of examples.
- Fillmore, and this remix of it, which turns it into Music of Creepy that would not sound out of place in Castlevania. (Which is fitting, as he wrote the best clock tower theme in the series.)
- Northwall Tree, which is how you know you're in the Very Definitely Final Level.
- Sacrifices, which is so calming that the player uses it as an item in the game itself to stop a civil war.
- The suitably epic final boss music, for your battle with Tanzra.
- Orchestral version of "Sacrifices?" /tear.
- He also composed most of Ys I's music and collaborated on Ys II. Check out the series page.
- He also contributed a song to Dance Dance Revolution Supernova, You Gotta Move It.
- If it is any indication, Etrian Odyssey has its own Awesome Music page.
- This track, from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
- The Scheme, a Metroid clone for the PC-88 gave us this gem.