Awesome Music: RAY Series
From the upbeat techno vibes of Area 1's stage theme in RayForce, to the serene and atmospheric tunes of the fourth stage in RayStorm, and the surrealistic styling of RayCrisis' soundtrack, there's no denying that Tamayo Kawamoto has created some awesome music for the shoot 'em up series that made lock-on laser weaponry awesome.
RayForceThe Sega Saturn version
- "On Stand-by", a track that normally plays during the opening cutscene for the arcade version and its home ports. It later became the main menu theme of the iOS re-release.
- "Penetration", Area 1's theme.
- "G", theme of Area 2 that pulls you into the vast scenery of the Mode-7 visuals.
- "Experiment 1: Aggressiveness", the boss theme of Stages 1 through 3.
- "Into the Darkness", Area 5's theme and where the decent into the Earth delves deeper.
- "The Plot Thickens", pre-Area 7 theme, and "Quartz," the main theme for the game's climax.
- "The Fates" and "Doomsday", the theme during the final showdown with Con-Human.
- "Q.E.P.D.", a perfectly-laced Tear Jerker and a Bittersweet Ending theme.
RayStormThe original music
- "Cycloid", the Attract Mode theme.
- "Gemometric City", Stage 1's theme.
- "Aquarium", the theme of Stage 2.
- "Muddling Through", Stage 3's theme.
- "Catharsis", a very atmospheric theme for Stage 4.
- "Luminescence", another atmospheric piece for Stage 5.
- "Toxoplasma", Stage 6.
- "Slaughter Hour", Stage 7's theme.
- "INTOLERANCE", the final boss' theme: a melancholic, almost heart-breaking piece.
- "Ceramic Heart", a beautiful piano piece for the Arcade version's staff roll.
- "Geometric City" from the Neu Tanz Mix.
- "Ceramic Heart" from the Neu Tanz Mix featuring vocals by Clair; the English translation of the French lyrics can be found here.
- "Coeur de Creamique"
- "Ray'z -BEYOND-" from Ray'z PREMIUM BOX -BEYOND- original soundtrack compilation and DVD.
RayCrisisUnlike the past two games' soundtracks, RayCrisis lacks per-stage BGM. Instead, the game picks one long track which then plays throughout the entire game up until the final stage. (In the consumer ports, the track instead jumps to the next section when transitioning from stage to boss or boss to next stage.) Each of the arcade tracks ranges from 12 to 16 minutes, giving the impression of a very contiguous play experience like no other.
- "Lavande bleu", Intelligence and Consideration Part's stage theme.
- "Vit-Symty", Memory Part's stage theme.
- "Non-sentimentalisme", Consciousness Part's stage theme.
- "Son dessein", Emotion Part's stage theme.
- "Formless living bodies", the final boss music for Con-Human.
- "Root of all evil", the True Final Boss music for Infinity, Con-Human's core.
- "All is shut down", the ending music for the normal ending.
- "All is shut down - Complete Version", the ending music for the true ending.
- There are no nails at my tiptoe, the music for the worst ending.
- "Blue - the day you live on earth", the 23 minute long Special Mode theme from the PC and PSX versions.
- "Installation -Antithese-", Special Mode Final Boss theme.