From the upbeat techno vibes of Area 1's stage theme in RayForce
, to the serene and atmospheric tunes of the fourth stage in RayStorm
, and the surrealistic styling of RayCrisis
' soundtrack, there's no denying that Tamayo Kawamoto has created some awesome music for the shoot 'em up
series that made lock-on laser weaponry awesome
The Sega Saturn version
- "On Stand-by", a track that normally plays during the opening cutscene for the arcade version and its home ports. It later became the main menu theme of the iOS re-release.
- "Penetration", Area 1's theme.
- "G", theme of Area 2 that pulls you into the vast scenery of the Mode-7 visuals.
- "Experiment 1: Aggressiveness", the boss theme of Stages 1 through 3.
- "Into the Darkness", Area 5's theme and where the decent into the Earth delves deeper.
- "The Plot Thickens", pre-Area 7 theme, and "Quartz," the main theme for the game's climax.
- "The Fates" and "Doomsday", the theme during the final showdown with Con-Human.
- "Q.E.P.D.", a perfectly-laced Tear Jerker and a Bittersweet Ending theme.
The original music
- "Cycloid", the Attract Mode theme.
- "Gemometric City", Stage 1's theme.
- "Aquarium", the theme of Stage 2.
- "Muddling Through", Stage 3's theme.
- "Catharsis", a very atmospheric theme for Stage 4.
- "Luminescence", another atmospheric piece for Stage 5.
- "Toxoplasma", Stage 6.
- "Slaughter Hour", Stage 7's theme.
- "INTOLERANCE", the final boss' theme: a melancholic, almost heart-breaking piece.
- "Ceramic Heart", a beautiful piano piece for the Arcade version's staff roll.
- "Lavande bleu", Intelligence and Consideration Part's stage theme.
- "Vit-Symty", Memory Part's stage theme.
- "Non-sentimentalisme", Consciousness Part's stage theme.
- "Son dessein", Emotion Part's stage theme.
- "Formless living bodies", the final boss music for Con-Human.
- "Root of all evil", the True Final Boss music for Infinity, Con-Human's core.
- "All is shut down", the ending music for the normal ending.
- There are no nails at my tiptoe, the music for the worst ending.
- "Blue - the day you live on earth", the 23 minute long Special Mode theme from the PC and PSX versions.
- "Installation -Antithese-", Special Mode Final Boss theme.