Steve Goldshein and Jeff Williams (and his daughter Casey) are just plain incredible at what they do. Every episode has a versatile soundtrack that makes the show all the more worth it to watch. From soft piano reprises and tear jerking pieces from episodes like "The Stray" to might-as-well-be-making-a-music-video from the team fights in "Players and Pieces" and "Painting the Town", the music has a life of its own and brings both the fight animations and the voice acting up to a much higher level. Honestly, it's much more challenging to find examples of pieces that AREN'T examples of awesome music than to find ones that are. Nevertheless, the list below showcases some of the best and brightest work from the RWBY
- The trailer music:
- Special mention to "Red Like Roses Part II". Awesome battle music, heartbreaking lyrics. The song was actually so popular that the version that played during Episode 8 was released as a single before the OST came out. The full song wasn't even finished at the time.
- The opening theme, "This Will Be The Day", is pretty awesome. Same for the acoustic version included on the Volume 2 soundtrack.
- "I May Fall", which plays through the credits. It's basically Aragorn's Return of the King speech in song form.
- The most emotional song of Volume 1, "Wings". It's the credits song for final episode, "Black and White", and the movie cut. It is incredibly moving.
- Jaune and Pyrrha's theme is a serene, atmospheric piece that perfectly counterpoints their scenes together.