The game soundtracks are an audible treat on their own, but each track is perfectly timed with the level it accompanies.
[[folder: Panzer Dragoon]]
The game's soundtrack was composed by Yoshitaka Azuma, introducing players to the franchise with orchestral songs that really delivered a sense of mystery, beauty and flight. Azuma passed away in 2012.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thQIVut1t6s The Main Theme]], played during the title screen, is a beautiful orchestra piece that feels like a grand fantasy score.
* The majestic [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I "Flight"]] is heard during the first stage, a beautiful orchestral piece that drives the feeling of taking flight on a mythical dragon.
* The suspenseful [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQuXcC6Tm8g "Empire"]] is played in the third stage as Keil and the Dragon fly through a dark Imperial base and are ambushed by their forces. An arranged and extended version was released as [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCAdrUlD4f8 "Invasion of the Empire Army"]].
[[folder: Panzer Dragoon Zwei]]
Taking a departure from Azuma's orchestral direction, ''Zwei'' featured a more organic soundtrack with unique instrumentation that demonstrated what the Saturn's sound chip was truly made of.
* The first stage's theme, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGQ3jlv7EZY "Destiny Begins"]], is unlike anything heard in the previous title. And yet, it captures the frantic yet epic feeling of the first level so well, the more ethnic and alien sounds immersing the player even more into the world of ''Panzer Dragoon'' than ever before.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLLhnvZq9o "Giant Creature"]] plays when facing against the exceptionally difficult boss of Episode 3.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UA0e3ufVmU "Ruins"]], played during Episode 4 during an intense race through ancient and sunken underground passageways.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIaCi4W9emg "Sea of Ice"]] is played in Episode 5 as Lagi and Lundi fight their way through a frozen wasteland. The visuals and music really capture a dangerous, frightful and depressing mood that showcases the kind of CrapsackWorld the game takes place in.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDL9AgKe6Dk "The Unexpected Enemy"]], played in Episode 7, is a memorable, atmospheric and epic final boss theme. [[spoiler:You hear it again in ''Saga'' when Edge takes his turn to fight him, where a verse has been added.]]
[[folder: Panzer Dragoon Saga]]
Composed by Saori Kobayashi and Mariko Nanba, the soundtrack utilizes the Saturn's sound chip to the fullest while delivering a beautiful score giving life to the game's dark and mysterious world. The opening and ending songs feature vocals by Eri Ito.
* The game opens with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm877Z7fOR4 "Atolm Dragon"]], which also serves as Atolm's boss theme. This atmospheric tune easily brings the player back to the world of ''Panzer Dragoon'' once more.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s08GllU3RdA "Ecce Valde Generous Ale (Behold the Precious Wings)"]], which is played on the title screen and the opening cutscene.
* The journey begins with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tESPxv7VHOQ "Premonition of War"]], as Edge and the dragon traverse through the excavation site.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB46DXax4Ek "Mutation"]], the first battle theme heard against standard Mutant-type enemies.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePrKX63z37E "Rest"]] is a relaxing tune played at campsites. Great for exposition from other characters, and don't forget to pet your dragon!
* The suspenseful [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb16aIdWcW "Forbidden Land"]] is played in the Forbidden Zone and Georgius.
* The beautiful [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVIdAupOMI "Pure Blood Seed"]] plays during battles against Pure Type enemies.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSMxND9qY1s "The Black Fleet"]], a powerful song befitting Craymen's fleet.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaI1vW7xEw "The Empire"]], remixed from ''Zwei'', has a similar song of power, fear, domination and strength, and is heard in boss battles against them.
* Although the area is brief, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDqfcWW2VE "Shelcoof"]] is a calm and soothing remix of the final boss battle from the previous game.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLloK0eGNZU "Ancient Weapon"]], which has a noticeably synthesized but intense feel, is heard during boss fights against Pure Type enemies.
* With the dragons out of action, Edge and Azel are forced to escape the maze-like ruins of Uru together. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4Xa5pIPWk "Path to the Being"]] is both soothing and eerie in an area where it's easy to get lost and is filled with mutants. At least Azel is with you, right?
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXMuISb6N7s "Elevator Chase"]] is heard in the cutscene when Edge and Azel try to escape, and simply for the BigDamnHeroes moment that accompanies it.
* Once Edge gains access to the Holy District of Zoah, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqyOF8_a37Y "Source of the Protective Flame"]] is heard. Calm, peaceful, soothing... which would be great if Edge wasn't so unwelcome.
* You'll be hearing [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywICYWnqsE "Imperial Air Force"]] once the Empire begins to take center stage in the story and you face off against their fleet once more.
* The suspenseful and ominous [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRyYwJLPykA "Interception"]] is played during the climactic final battle against the Empire during their invasion of the sleeping Tower.
* With the Empire gone, Edge reunites with Gash in the Seeker's Stronghold. While [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQTBybJq3o "Village of the Seekers"]] plays, Gash reveals his ultimate plan to destroy the Towers and free the world from their power and grasp. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOudQ_gWCBo Original Version]].
* The Tower has been awakened and threatens the world once more. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewXVMf9yskE "Overture to the End"]] accompanies Edge and Azel's journey through TheVeryDefinitelyFinalDungeon toward the gate to Sestren.
* The final battles of the game. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25eA5A4L-Q "Vision"]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMFvdHvTOvk "Vision II"]] are played in the battles against the Anti-Dragons. [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPHxmB0wFOw "The Final Battle ~Recurrence~"]] is a frightening track where Sestren revisits the past and summons the dead to attack you with.
* Lastly, the game ends with [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Vc2yc8JXc "Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu (Art Thou the Holy One)"]], sung in the series' own language.
* In 2018, the album [[http://store.bravewave.net/album/resurrection-panzer-dragoon-saga-20th-anniversary-arrangement-2 "Resurrection: Panzer Dragoon Saga 20th Anniversary Arrangement"]] was released. Saori Kobayashi returns with brand new arrangements of 20 tracks from the game, with Eri Ito returning to provide vocals. As the original game's music data was lost, Kobayashi had to re-arrange each track by ear. Although many songs have a more synthesized feel, other tracks benefit from a more natural sound with real instruments.
[[folder: Panzer Dragoon Orta]]
Saori Kobayashi returns to score the final game in the series along with Yutaka Minobe.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbGWJct7RA "Altered Genos"]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8MEFLi3Gw "Eternal Glacies"]]. The former plays in one of the only patches of green left on the planet, the latter in an utterly desolate snowscape.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MyqsYV3FFk "Ancient Weapon 1"]], a recurring boss theme which really gets the blood pumping and the emotions roused for the battle that lays before you.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brf01YOUGLo "Ancient Weapon 2"]] is another recurring boss theme that's faster and more energetic than the previous one that tells you you're in for a fight in this gorgeous wasteland.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBD6CEowKRE "Imperial City"]]. Deep in the heart of the Empire, Orta launches a surprise attack in their underground base. A song befitting the Empire's fearsome strength, the song is also a fitting send-off to them, as we face them for the last time in the series.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6go687cYWMg "Anu Orta Veniya"]], the ending vocal song of the game, once again sung in the series' own language by Eri Ito.