Awesome Music / My Name Is Earl
It is a fantastic show already, but even more so if you're a fan of Classic Rock
. A helpful list of all songs from all episodes can be found here
, and it's an amazing list.
- Deep Purple's "Highway Star" set during a drag race? Oh yeah.
- Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" accompanies a montage of Earl mocking Joy's pregnancy weight.
- R.E.M.'s "End of the World as We Know It" when Earl and friends believe that they're the last people alive on Earth.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" shows up. And "Simple Man". "Free Bird" is playing during the episode "Two Balls Two Strikes," and "Simple Man" plays when Earl has a crisis. The car breaks down but he sets out on foot to cross an item off the list.
- Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman" playing while Joy has a BSOD moment, realizing her awfulness is harming her kids, so she stays away so they can have fun. It's a touching moment and the song is the cherry on top.
- "House of The Rising Sun" plays as Earl is going to jail for Joy. It's a bleak Downer Ending to the second season (which is considerably Darker and Edgier than the first anyway), but the music adds an emotional touch.
- "Burnin' For You" plays while the gang is trying to bring Earl out of his coma in Season 3. It becomes a moment of both Heartwarming and Funny when the gang all sing along, knowing Earl loves classic rock.
- Simon & Garfunkel's "America" plays when Lloyd, an honest man who had became a hermit due to an Earl's scam in the past, finally fulfills his dream of starting a road trip across America.