open/close all folders
Pink Guy's Album
- The "Fuck tha Police" cover. Considering it's done on a ukelele and only uses a couple lines here and there, it completely blurs whatever the original version had set, which is what makes it all the more awesome. Special mention to when Pink Guy's voice gets raspy.
- "Ramen King" takes a whimsical piano tune you'd find in a silent film and turns it into a surprisingly infectious rap. The Japanese at the start of the track adds to its charm.
- "Jungle Boy". Just look at all those words he rhymes together.
- You have to give Pink Guy cred for "Weird McDonald's Rap" and how legitimately he deconstructs restaurants' impacts on American culture. The outro is absolutely killer, too. "They don't understand..."
- "Kill Yourself" is the album's crowner, and for good reason: the juxtaposition of a soft ukulele melody with Pink Guy rapping about how you should kill yourself is a thing only Filthy Frank can pull off so well.
- Dick Pays Rent. It Crosses the Line Twice and sounds really badass even in that weird voice he uses.
- If there were ever a Funny Moment in music, "Friendzone Song" fits all guidelines.
- "Anal Beads". It would definitely fit if there were a Funny Moment in music, but what makes it awesome is Pink Guy's astounding singing skills. Those falsettos were killer.
- George's "Let It Go" cover, replacing the lyrics with a sexual fantasy based around him and Olaf.
- The weeaboo song at the end of this rant, also sung by George. It's an Ear Worm that packs tons of Brutal Honesty in its lyrics, and the ukelele is killer. The full version has a whole extra verse!
- One full minute of Salamander Man's nose-flute.
- A piano ballad about eating ass.
- REAL HIP HOP, DON'T YOU EVER FORGET IT! Or, to drop the pretense, it's a Piss-Take Rap built around repetitive rhyming with less meaning and authenticity than it seems to have at first. The whole thing encompasses Stylistic Suck to illustrate the exact problem with pretentious amateur rappers outlined in Frank's BAD INTERNET RAPPERS video.
- TRAP DUMPLINGS, our amazing introduction to George's PinkOmega project. Who knew pots and pans could sound so awesome? Suffice to say, fans were ecstatic when Joji announced his return to making "serious music". Granted it isn't as serious and has a comedic nature to itself unlike the original Joji music, people were still happy to hear new music from Joji that while still funny, retains the same serious and creative style from the planned Joji album. Not bad.
- For Fake Frank's death(s) in FILTHY FRANK VS CHIN CHIN, a pitch-lowered version of Chopin's Prelude in E Minor was put to surprisingly effective use.
- TERIYAKI GOD. With a bombastic beat, greatly used sample, and the beautiful last 30 seconds of George's vocals and ukulele, this is a song even non-fans would like.
- What happens when Pink Guy collaborates with a dubstep producer (Getter) and a Vine superstar (Nick Colletti) for a song? Hood Rich is the result, and it's far better than it sounds. Bonus points for sampling the music box from Elfen Lied.
- "Medicine Beat", 52 seconds of pure bliss. And if 52 seconds isn't long enough, try the nine minute version.
- After spending times avoiding the fact he did serious music and even trying to continue music under the name PinkOmega, Joji decided to make music under his own name again, and dropped you suck charile and thom. And they just sound gorgeous. The fact that Joji decided to make music under his name and even showing happiness over it makes it better.
- "Plastic Taste" sounds like he's playing a piano in a haunted house singing with a choir of ghosts, and it sounds glorious. It's also his bleakest song yet.
Excuse me for my plastic taste
Let this moment go to waste
- "BESIDJU" is what happens when Joji collaborates with well-known lo-fi artist Shamana. Spoiler alert: it's absolutely beautiful.
- "i don't want to waste my time", not only Joji's first "single" on a label (88Rising), but it sounds gorgeous.
- STFU, an acoustic guitar tune turned into a infectious trap beat and a catchy rap about telling people to shut the fuck up. It shouldn't work, but it really does.
- The absolute banger that is Are You Serious.
- Nickelodeon Girls really shouldn't work. It really shouldn't. But it does. Nobody knows how.