The music of Dragon Age: Origins
perfectly matches the epic scale of the game, from the opening theme
to the epilogue.
- Tavern Brawl. The name speaks for itself.
- Ferelden at War, which plays during the battle at Ostagar. The subdued opening slowly builds tension as the darkspawn come out of the forest until the armies finally charge. The sequence is bookended by the equally awesome The Betrayal.
- The origin themes, especially Human Nobility.
- The Party Camp. It's only a little minute-long snippet, but it's beautiful. Especially considering that the camp is where you will end up having most actual conversations with your party members, which means this is the song that plays during many of the game's more emotional moments.
- It's odd how the vocals in that piece always seem to arrive at the right moment during your conversations with party members.
- Ruins of Ostagar perfectly conveys the enormity of the place and the grandeur it once had.
- Despite being called "Ruins of Ostagar" on the soundtrack CD, this theme is never used in the Ostagar scenes. It is actually the Orzammar theme, and is used there.
- The actual Ostagar theme can be heard during the first 40 seconds of the "Betrayal" track on the soundtrack CD.
- "A King Crowned", a very short piece that plays when the Warden's chosen candidate is crowned King of Orzammar. Regardless of who you think makes the better king, the music alone makes the moment a true Awesome Moment of Crowning.
- This Is War.
- In Uthenera.
- The second part of the Dragon Age 2 credits, Rogue Heart, is absolutely beautiful.
- The Arishok Battle theme is pretty epic. Good thing too, because you'll be hearing it a lot considering he's That One Boss.
- Not from the games, but inspired by them: Miracle Of Sound's Through The Age Of The Dragon
- Fenris' Theme. Beautiful, melancholic, and suits the character perfectly.
- The Destiny trailer theme, especially at the end. That wonderfully inspiring track playing as Hawke stomps towards the camera, ready to kick ass? That alone should sell you on the game.
- Vigil's Keep Combat, from the Awakening expansion.
- From Origins: "I Am The One."
- Leliana's Song at the party camp. Now you know why they call her a bard. It made it into the soundtrack album, and for good reason.
- The Grey Wardens 'Calling' trailer has some very understated music and an awesome voiceover that transitions into kickass, throatshredding metal. Can be found here.