Awesome Music / Dangan Ronpa
Pretty much every track qualifies, as the music was done by Masafumi Takada (of No More Heroes
and God Hand
Super Dangan Ronpa 2
- The opening theme. It fits the mood of the game extremely well.
- Monokuma’s theme is consistently a fan favorite.
- Mister Monokuma's tutoring. When you hear it, you know something bad is going to happen. Sometimes, it crosses as Genocider's theme.
- "New World Order", which usually plays at the conclusion of each chapter, is also quite popular. Notable example of awesome, at the end of chapter 4, when Kyoko reveals the identity of the sixteenth student, with this song as the background music. The anime tends to use it as Kyoko Kirigiri's theme.
- BOX 16, a remix of the normal "investigation" music that plays during the final two investigations. It conveys the "this is the climax" message quite well.
- The music that plays during the executions is excellent. It's slightly different each time (in fact, each execution gets its own track) but instantly recognizable.
- Beautiful Dead, a very calming and peaceful theme, which usually plays when you're investigating a new floor.
- Buzzkill, which plays during tense scenes.
- Desire for Execution, a very melancholic and slow theme.
- All three discussion themes: "Discussion-BREAK-" the basic version, "Discussion-HEAT UP-", which starts playing when things get more intense, and "Discussion-HOPE VS DESPAIR-, which is used at the very end of each trial.
- Welcome to Despair Academy is a perfect theme for the sad scenes.
- Climax Reasoning plays when you are adding the missing pieces to the manga. It really makes you feel like you're figuring out the entire incident.
- Climax Return, which plays when the manga is actually shown.
- The end credits song, Saisei -rebuild-.
- The second game's opening theme is a remix of the first game's one, and sounds even more awesome.
- Usami's theme, Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson, manages to beat "Mr. Monokuma's Lesson" (Monokuma's theme) in terms of awesomeness!
- The new investigations music, "Ikoroshia". As well as its "grand finale" version, Ekoroshia.
- Beautiful Ruin and its variation instantly create a peaceful, tropical mood.
- Objection -CROSS SWORD-, the music for the Rebuttal Showdowns.
- Class Trial - Future Part, which plays when you make a breakthrough during the trial.
- HYPER ULTRA P.T.A., the music during the fastest tempo of Panic Talk Attack.
- Welcome to DANGAN Island just creates a mood that tells you that something big and heroic is about to go down. Its usage is cut at one point, but where it IS used, in Junko Enoshima's AI defeat by Usami, is the best part...
- Trapped by the Ocean Scent sets a sinking feeling of despair and discomfort with a tropical flavor and punctuated by a wicked drumline.
- DIVE DRIVE just fits so well in its mini-game, Logic Dive, that it has to be mentioned.
- Liked "Discussion -HOPE VS DESPAIR-" from the first game? It got a remix for this game.
- Class Trial - Strange Edition is an absolutely incredible song for whenever something shocking or serious comes up in debates. Notably, it plays right after a character directly objects against you (special cut-in portrait included) for an intense one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown.
- Discussion -B Side- is a calmer remix of past Discussion themes.
- Nagito's character song poison -deadly drug-. Although released on a CD for another game, it clearly delves into his thoughts during SDR2 and references his own death by poison in Chapter 5. It is also quite pretty.