- There are two in Wolverine's introduction scenes. The first comes when he is in the cage, not really fighting, and then breaks his opponent's hand by punching it. Awesome because it properly confirmed (for those who missed the blindingly obvious fact that this was Wolverine) exactly who it was. The second occurs when said opponent confronts him later, threatening him with the fact he know's he's a mutant and attacking him with an knife. The look on his face when he realised that Wolvie isn't just Made of Iron, but has foot long metal claws as well is utterly priceless. The announcer confirming what we already know just makes it more awesome.
Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, tonights winner, and still King of the Cage...the Wolverine.
- They also work in Wolverine's signature CMOA from the comics, where he unleashes the two outer blades around someone's throat and threatens to pop the middle one. When the bartender threatens him with a shotgun Logan uses his other hand to claw it clean in half, before calmly walking away.
- Magneto: "You homo sapiens and your guns."
Magneto: Let them pass that law, and they'll have you in chains, with a number burned into your forehead!Charles: It won't be that way.Magneto: Then kill me, and find out.
- Later on in that scene, Magneto daring Charles to kill him.
- Props to the Professor for managing to control both Sabretooth and Toad at the same time with no difficulty.
- Toad gets a wonderful moment in the first movie when he utterly trounces Cyclops, Storm and Jean without even breaking a sweat. Adaptational Badass, thy name is Mortimer Toynbee. Leave it to Storm to screw it all up...
- Storm's moment was pretty cool though.
- Mystique revealing herself out of focus then proceeding to kick Senator Kelly's arse or pretty much any time Mystique is on screen.
- Cyclops dispatching Sabertooth and Magneto, while also coming up with a plan that uses every X-Men's power to their advantage.
- Jean managing to use Cerebro to find Magneto, especially since unlike the Professor, she couldn't use it properly.
- Even more impressive given later films in the franchise explain what would've happened if something had gone horribly wrong.
- Mystique slaps around Logan with her superior speed and skill, untill she tries to match strength with him. He proceeds to overpower her two hands with his one
- The Professor and Magneto's final exchange. So good they reused it over a decade later in X-Men: Apocalypse.
Magneto: Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night, that one day they might pass that foolish law, or one just like it, and come for you and your children?Charles: It does indeed.Magneto: And what will you do, when you wake up to that?Charles: I'll feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to that house, (looks at Erik) looking for trouble.