From the comics
- Dark Matt's fight with Altair. Considering that he had been an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain up until now and had just gone through a massive Villainous Breakdown, just confronting Altair to save Artemis, Damien, and Devin was impressive enough in itself. But even after it became clear that Altair was vastly more powerful than Dark Matt (and by "made clear", we mean "Curb-Stomp Battle"), Dark Matt simply refused to yield, getting killed repeatedly and respawning every single time, eventually being reduced to a gibbering wreck and still not giving up. This culminated in Dark Matt detonating his own soul in a last-ditch effort to destroy Altair, and while it failed in that respect, it did strip Altair of most of his power and inspire Artemis — who, up until this point, was too infatuated with Altair to fight or oppose him, even when he tried to kill her — to kick Altair's ass.
From the roleplays
Note: the folders are arranged in the chronological order of the roleplays. This means that pre-time-skip roleplays are listed before post-time-skip ones. Some of the folders are empty for the sake of maintaining the proper order of the roleplays. Also, the roleplays are named based on the comics/bios/supplementary materials they're attached to, but do not
take place in quite the same order.
open/close all folders
"Dark Matt Bio"
- Lindsay taking Corneria out of commission and saving the life of her brother Legault (who was stuck in Corneria's throat) by attaching a bomb to the underside of her tail, causing the explosion to surge through Corneria's inside, scalding them, and launching Legault out of her mouth. This left Corneria in a coma for three years. And Lindsay only intended to rescue Legault.
- Matt and Dark Matt avenging Galaxina by beating the crap out of Mysta, a lunar-magic user — on the moon.
- Bonus points for this not being an Enemy Mine situation; Matt and Dark Matt are still taking potshots at each other while fighting Mysta.
- Ben utterly owning Mephiles.
- Artemis not giving a *** about (almost ) anything Mysto could throw at her, establishing just how powerful Artemis really is.
"It's A PDGM"
- Matt mimicking Peacock to fish Annie out of the jaws of Manny's Salamence.
- Cassandra copying Matt mimicking Peacock to smash Manny with two Thwomps.
- Which, according to Matt's reaction, is supposed to be impossible.
- Annie's "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Manny Green. You can read it here.
- Dark Ben pulling Sonja out of a furnace after Blinx trapped her in there.
- Altair being beaten down by Mighty, Mysto, and Luke in quick succession.
- Todd saving Sonja (who had been eaten by a Keropper) by smacking the Keropper on the rump. This happens twice.
- Mysta's first unique Spell Card, "Terror Sign - Mind Twister", which completely removes Flora from the fight by tearing her in half with a tornado.
- Todd and Felicia saving each other from being killed by Mysta's attacks.
- Silver breaking the "Terror Sign - Mind Twister" card by dropping a statue on Mysta.
- Luigifan battling the Magician without breaking a sweat. At least, until Donald attacks him, only to be thwarted by Entegra pulling a (partially accidental) Big Damn Heroes moment.
- Dark Matt animating all of Bill Stuffner's petrified Mobians as golems to fight the Heroes' League, then mind-controlling Devin and proceeding to actually kill Margaret with Fear The Great.
- Matt using Yukari mimicry to save Lucy and Sasha from being pulled into a dimension of pure electricity and zapped to death by Wheel of Fate!Magolor, followed by Marcus using a massive Chaos Blast (aptly dubbed "Chaos Meltdown") to finish Magolor off.
- Margaret and Felicia's fights with Johnny.
- Captain Whisker using Fear the Great and coming very, very close to killing Todd (who only survived because Devin was also hurt by the attack, driving Entegra into an Unstoppable Rage).
- Amy saving Felicia from the Despair Event Horizon by pounding the snot out of Captain Whisker while debunking his claims that all of her friends are dead.
- Entegra tearing Captain Whisker to pieces and commandeering his ship.
- Dark Matt coming dangerously close to No Selling the entire Heroes' League with just Reflect spam. It's only thwarted by Damien Kane using a hurricane to throw objects (and his allies) at Dark Matt so rapidly that his MP runs out — a tactic that risked the lives of said allies and probably wouldn't have worked without Matt applying additional pressure on Dark Matt's MP with Rydia's Osmose.
- Tora fighting the Egg Wyvern Mk. II Shadow of the Colossus-style.
"A rare moment indeed"
"About dang time"
- Matt negating first the destruction of Westside Island, then the deaths of all of its inhabitants. It cost him a life each time, but still!
- Matt using a bacterial illusion to mess with Johnathan's head. Between killing himself to put out the fire and being respawned.
- Matt respawning himself early by taking some of Johnathan's lifespan.
- Pommy of all people talking Lucy out of committing suicide.
- Ben beating the everloving crap out of the Emperor for daring to harm Synder.
- The battle against The World is, again, full of these.
- Kirby slicing through Necrodeus's hand on a Winged Star.
- Matt and Tori bashing the Ant God so badly that they leave massive dents in its exoskeleton. The Ant God then runs off crying.
- Legault saving Lily from being staked by Malthus by using his staff to knock the stake out of his hand.
- Altair more than holding his own against the entire Heroes' League and Mysto. To the point where the encounter degenerates into a Run or Die situation for the Heroes' League.
"Fatty vs. Fairy"
- Corneria, appearing for the first time since "Dark Matt Bio" due to being in a three-year coma, quickly makes up for lost time by revealing her special ability — the ability to hijack the powers of others. In order, she uses this to...
- Paralyze Lindsay by setting off her taser bombs.
- Detonate Marcus, which would have wiped out the Heroes' League if not for Shadow containing the explosion (which required so much of his energy that he passed out afterwards). And needless to say, Marcus was very, very dead afterwards.
- Temporarily take Annie out of the fight by forcing her to use her Healing Hands on the castle floor.
- And for the coup de grace, she hijacked Mishelle's solar power to fry Lily Natchralli for a solid minute, which came extremely close to killing Lily outright and left her on the brink of death, living on borrowed time, by the time it was stopped.
- Dark Matt revealing that he's playing for keeps this time by transforming Lindsay into Painwheel.
- Lindsay figuring out the limitations of Corneria's Villain Override by observing Corneria, then managing to relay that information to the Heroes' League, enabling them to come up with a way to thwart her. And Lindsay did this while fighting with Dark Matt.
- Annie managing to reverse the Painwheel transformation.
- Cassandra unlocking the power of mimicry with the help of Matt and Dark Matt, and surviving being the epicenter of the massive explosion that ensued. The fact that the explosion was explicitly only able to damage her and any beings aligned with light or darkness, with the partial exception of the Matts, in the vicinity note does little to diminish this.
- Legault saving Lily's unlife by allowing her to feed on him. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.note
- Lucy and Annie working together to put Marcus back together and revive him after Corneria reduced him to Ludicrous Gibs. Also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Luigifan's Unstoppable Rage after learning that the Happy Sperm Club has abducted Tori. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny, as Luigifan expresses his anger in a way that makes it blatantly clear that he ships Matt and Tori.
Luigifan: THAT BASTARD!!!!!!! How dare he mess with Tori?!? She's supposed to be Matt's girl, dagnabit!
- Matt's Unstoppable Rage after learning that the Happy Sperm Club has abducted Tori. To put it lightly, utter carnage and mayhem ensues.
*glaring right in front of Shine* I won't lie, I wanted to tear down your *** *** corporation down for some time, but now? This is a full fledged war. You think that temporary curse I did on Bling is bad? That is child's play, a simple little tweaking of one's strength. But the things I know now aren't as simple. I know lots of ways to torture you... *Shine shoots Matt but Matt's blood is so energized that it erases the depressant at a rapid rate. Matt mimics "No Face" from Spirited away
* I could simply devour you and spit you out into a goddam volcano. *mimics Reisen from Touhou
* I could just break your tiny little mind. *mimics Alessy from Jojo's bizarre adventure
* I could give you the ironic death of being a fetus seeing as getting in a womb is all you freaks care about. *mimics the princess' true form from X-8
* I could painfully tear you to shreds. Or, *reverts to his normal self in Pandora mode like in Street Fighter X Tekken
* Or I could show you a real fight you damn dirty coward. *mimics Sol Badguy
again* So are you going to tell me where my girlfriend is or will I just have to destroy you? Make no mistake, this isn't the me fighting a guy I hated, this is the me that is now willing to tear your organization to the point that you will never see the light of day outside of a prison ever again!
- Boar's Unstoppable Rage after learning that the Happy Sperm Club has abducted Tori. He utters the single most epic line in the roleplay, and then proceeds to go on a pimp-killing spree.
Cosmo: *frozen in fear* I'm quite scared now...
Collin: *hiding behind Devin hiding behind Cosmo* I regret all my pervert dreams! I regret every single one I've ever had!
- Boar and Luigifan beating the tar out of the man the Happy Sperm Club had sold Tori to in order to rescue her.
- Matt beating the ever-loving crap out of Shine the Pimpjockey, culminating in blowing up his escape helicopter. Though the explosion was involuntary on Matt's part, and also helped Shine to get away with Sarah Dawn still in his possession.
"And that's why he shakes"
- Entegra single-handedly beating the snot out of Bowser and the Color-Hating Koopas.
- Every single time Lily and/or Entegra manage to catch Wrapsodi. The No-Holds-Barred Beatdown which inevitably ensues is nothing short of breathtaking.
- Carnation's brawl with Altair the zealot.
- Matt beating the crap out of Wrapsodi as Rurouni Kenshin in order to save Tori.
- Dark Matt and Artemis battling together to wipe the floor with Magnus Von Grapple.
- Wrapsodi turning the tables on Lily with an impromptu cross while being chased on the underside of Angel Island. If not for a last-second save courtesy of Legault, Lily would have died. note
- Manny saving Wrapsodi from Lily by knocking the vampiress out cold with garlic bombs.
- Legault knocking Manny off of Angel Island to prevent him from staking Lily.
- Luigifan saving Annie (who was pinned under Manny's Salamence's foot) from being shot in the head with Manny's high-powered hunting rifle at point-blank range by grabbing Manny with his Chain Link and yanking him into a chokehold... right as Manny pulled the trigger, resulting in him shooting his Salamence in the foot instead, causing it to rear backwards, off of Annie, and collapse on top of Wrapsodi.
- Luigifan stopping Wrapsodi from escaping with Annie in tow by having his Reshiram, Forblaze, set her escape route on fire.
- Annie and her Flygon plowing headlong into Manny's Hydreigon to stop it from ripping Tails to bite-sized pieces.
- What really makes this awesome is that Annie was wrapped up, envenomated, and completely helpless less than a minute prior to saving Tails; Sonic managed to arrive in the nick of time to save her from Wrapsodi and use the Healer's Necklace to purge the poison, while still leaving her enough time to call on her Flygon and have it use Outrage on Hydreigon immediately afterwards.
- Yes, the very first thing Annie did upon regaining the ability to move was come to Tails's rescue. Awwww.
- Rudy fooling Artemis, Regulus, and Orion into thinking he's their boss, Altair, in order to rescue Tulip from their clutches. Though, technically, he only tricks Artemis; Orion and Regulus aren't fooled for a second, but are unable to stop Artemis from handing Tulip over, leading to a Crowning Moment of Funny when Orion has to explain to Artemis just how badly she screwed up.
- Carnation swiping the Gun de Sol from Altair of the Masked Trio, who had intended to use it on Lily.
- Legault KO'ing Manny's Volcarona (a.k.a. "The Moth of Solar Flame") just in time to save Lily from being burned to ashes by its solar aura.
- Manny dragging Lily over the edge of a platform in Hydrocity in an effort to dissolve her. While she was draining his blood. note
- Legault diving into the water after Manny and Lily to keep Lily safely above the water's surface until Luigifan could pull her out — despite being blasted by Wrapsodi's Magnezone.
- Legault fully expected this to be a Heroic Sacrifice, only for Luigifan to immediately hand Lily off to Annie and pull Legault out. After shooting Magnezone in the eye to keep it from interfering.
- Lily immediately rushing to Legault's defense, despite her weakened condition, when Wrapsodi and Magnezone flew up and tried to electrocute him.
- Luigifan scaring Wrapsodi and Magnezone off with Forblaze's Blue Flare.
- The argument before the battle for Albion. Also a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Luigifan blasting Green Horse into a wall with his Victini in order to save Margaret.
- Matt continuing to berate and attack the Trophic Blenders even as they repeatedly wrap him up and toss him aside, culminating in Matt stabbing Green Horse in the stomach.
- Artemis completely humiliating Black Doom and the Black Arms. She eventually gets bored and tags out in favor of Dark Matt, who picks up right where she left off.
- Luigifan releasing Sonja from Blinx's time lock with the Chaos Sword.
- Devin vs. Sirius. Sirius gets humiliated.
- Annie knocking a devourer to the ground by jumping onto its head and then leaping off. Followed by Luigifan slicing the hapless undead's head in two. Even Lily is frightened upon seeing this.
- Ne and Saru utterly owning Brauner.
- Carnation surviving two shots of Luigifan's Ultimate Rage Burst.
- Mysto deciding to stop playing around. She slays Lillian with Memento Mori, and follows it up with a Barghest's Feast that obliterates the corpse. Then she fires off the most powerful spells in her arsenal, and when that doesn't seem to be working, she summons Perun and Veles to fight alongside her. She still loses, of course, but damn. And there are several awesome moments that occur once Mysto starts playing for keeps:
- Artemis being completely unfazed by the prospect of fighting Perun and Veles.
- Matt saving Carnation from dissolving within Veles's mystic waters by stopping time and allowing them to harmlessly wash over her.
- Matt and Ne tag-teaming Mephiles while both mimicking the Emperor.
- Matt reviving Lillian after she'd been disintegrated by Barghest's Feast — a feat that was utterly impossible for Annie and Jumpy.
- Lillian banishing Perun and Veles as soon as she comes back to life.
"Disgaea: Wedding Bells"
"Drunk Driving with Tora"
- Lindsay stopping Bowser Jr. from vaporizing Tori's house by dropping a bomb down his laser cannon. After Luther managed to extricate her from being strapped to said laser cannon.
- Lily saving Tulip from the Injun-Hunter by pouncing on him and delivering a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- The Injun-Hunter turning the tables on Lily by managing to grab a large tree branch, rip it off the tree it was attached to, and then use it as an impromptu stake to impale Lily with. She didn't realize the danger she was in until it was too late. And if Tulip hadn't managed to push the Injun-Hunter away from Lily with some last-minute Heroic Resolve (despite a nearly-severed leg and a huge strength disadvantage), then (after being overpowered) stall the Injun-Hunter with a massive Holding the Floor moment long enough for Legault, Tora, and Boar to arrive and remove the tree branch, Lily and Tulip would both have been killed.
- Rudy and Tulip (as well as several of their friends) delivering a massive "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the Injun-Hunter.
- Luigifan and N chasing down Manny, Wrapsodi, and Valdez.
- Flora trying to absorb Malthus's Desperation Attack, followed by Matt switching Collin in to take the damage in her place.
- Tulip rescuing Lily from Persephone by tackling the mouse, wrestling her to her feet (and getting whipped repeatedly in the process), throwing her aside, and then dragging a KO'd mook to Lily so that she could feed and recover. And all of this in the middle of a laboratory, meaning that Tulip was suffering from her Weaksauce Weakness to modern technology. You do not mess with this vixen's family.
- Synder basically going "Lol nope" to Teresa attempting to Back Stab her.
- Patrick stopping Necrodeus from murdering Lillian by just continually getting in his way and taking Necrodeus's attacks in Lillian's place.
- Randy saving Lillian from being devoured by Necrodeus by shooting down the Skully abducting her with a crossbow of light.
- Flora saving Phillip from being devoured by Necrodeus by using Bigby's grasping hand to catch him as Necrodeus dropped him into his gaping maw.
- Patrick saving Lillian from being killed by a Tonberry by diving onto its knife.
- Patrick leaping into the thick of a swarm of Skullies to (you guessed it) save Lillian.
"Love at first Blindsight"
"Pretty Fly for a... Fly"
- Mysto hits Synder with Avada Kadavera. Ben's reaction? Immediately proceed to use a Pheonix Down on Synder, reviving her, after which the two of them burninate Mysto.
Synder: Just like a Disgaea villain, kill the weak link, get buried by the strong. *throws Ben upwards*
Ben: *pelts Mysto with explosive rounds* I will personally tear you apart for trying to kill my girlfriend. After all you deserve a reward for killing a dragon.
- Ben saving Margaret from being left for dead in a cornfield. It's more awesome than it sounds.
- Pommy utterly humiliating Regulus in order to protect Lily. Yes, you read that right — Pommy kicks Regulus's ass. The little bunny-Kirby-Pikachu thing's come a long way since Bomberman 64 The Second Attack.
Regulus: *Regulus has snuck into Lily's chamber and is attempting to kill her with a wooden stake while she sleeps. Regulus chuckles softly to himself when he sees how vulnerable Lily is.* This is just too easy...
*Lily wakes up to see Regulus standing over her, but is unable to move.* Ugh... What does he think he's up to? It's not like he can- *Lily trails off as she sees the wooden stake.* ...hurt... me...
*whimper* >_<; ...Damn. I'm boned.
Regulus: More like "staked". *Regulus prepares his blade to cut off Lily's head after driving the stake in.*
Lily: *sigh* I'm about to be killed. And nobody's here to help me. Why bother with pedantics? *groan* Carnation... I'm sorry... Mom... Dad... Legault... Take care of my daughter for me... I'm sorry I can't be there for her...
Lily: Wha? *With a great deal of effort, Lily looks up to see that the one who saved her is none other than... Pommy?!?*
Pommy: ...This isn't funny anymore.
think I'd actually
let one of my friends get hurt? Fat chance!!!
*Pommy is standing beside Lily's coffin, ears sparking threateningly, a deadly serious look on his face.*
Lily: *unable to believe what she's seeing* ...Pommy?!?
Pommy: *Pommy's attention is still firmly on Regulus. He electrifies his ears and swings them around dramatically like nunchuks.* To quote your boss, playtime is over! I'm the only one who's here to protect my friend, so I'm stepping up to the plate! *Pommy spins his electrified ears around again in a threatening gesture.* You don't scare me, Regulus! I will not allow you to harm Lily Natchralli!!!
- There's a reason Curb-Stomp Battle is linked above instead of No-Holds-Barred Beatdown — Regulus gets several Curb Stomp Cushions, including performing an ukemi Viewtiful Joe-style, creating a black hole around himself to extricate himself from a wall Pommy slammed him into, reactivating his shorted-out gear through sheer willpower, and the most awesome of all, pinning Pommy by the ears to Lily's coffin with a pair of gravity orbs, which Pommy barely manages to break free from in time to prevent Regulus from killing Lily. And he's barely even bothering to fight Pommy, instead trying to simply get past him. If Regulus had taken Pommy more seriously as a threat, it might have ended much worse for the Team Pet.
- Andross using kryptonite against Cassandra while she's mimicking Superman, to the utter shock of her friends.
Luigifan: Where the hell did he get that?!?
- Nessie's mad Armored Core piloting skills.
Nessie: (If thrown at the correct angle it could be possible to eject the gun, then hold it with the sword arm and fire using one of the fingers of the gun hand without dropping the drunk. Following with guns shot at...)
Maid: Nessie, stop talking like a blonde. In case you haven't noticed if you so much as say three words right now our pilot is gonna fly us into the ground.
Nessie: *moves Matt out of his seat and ejects the gun*
Matt: You idiot!! That took me forever to make, and it was our only useful weapon right now!
*of course it just so happens that Nessie manages to keep the gun using the AC's arm*
Maid: Oh good. You intend to fire blindly like a mad woman without a trigger finger.
Maid: Oh let me guess. You think you can accurately shoot a bunch of dumb bugs with a gun that isn't being held right without harming the hostage?
Nessie: *shoots one of the wasps heads destroying it* So sorry. Was thinking. Say what?
Maid: (Your two word safety wins this time fish head...).
Matt: Will to believe in self... Dropping...
Tori: Well... We-We couldn't have done it without your robot.
Nessie: Vastly inferior. Near miss.
- Believe it or not, it only gets more awesome from there.
- Margaret blowing up Andross's hands with an Electric Nebula Double Helix, forcing him to retreat. And this is immediately after she was restored to health from being stung by Andross's wasps.
"The meaning of a song"
- Lindsay managing to prank a highly alert mafia platoon without getting caught. Yes, it made the situation worse, but it's still awesome, simply for showing that she's gone a long way from the days when she was unable to drop the Distress Ball.
"For tuna the can tolls"
- Flora making good on her promise to not be crippled by her fear of arthropodsnote and blasting herself out of the Ant God's jaws after Phillip, Annie, and Marcus all proved unable to rescue her. And the only reason she didn't do so sooner was that she was unconscious.
- Flora forming a battle plan to rescue all of the Ant God's captives and defeat it once and for all. Phillip is very impressed when she reveals it to him.
- The exchange of Badass Boasts between Flora and the Ant God, right before the Ant God attacks Tori's house to get Flora and her friends. The Ant God's is so awesome, it's an alternative quote for the Super-Persistent Predator page.
Phillip: O_o Um, Flora? That was... kinda dark...
Flora: Hm? *to Phillip* Oh, I suppose it was. But... I need to steel my resolve. I'm confronting the monster that haunts my nightmares... I'm going to need to bring my A-game to see this through!
*in response to Flora's challenge* ...What?!? Are you threatening me?!? You
, threatening me?!? You've got to be kidding me!
I think I need to remind you what the relationship between predator and prey is like! In a nutshell: I
attack, you die
Flora: Grrrr... I... I will not submit to the likes of you! Your dark powers are no match for the holy power God has lent me!
Ant God! Today, you will be stripped of your blasphemous title! Today, our long rivalry will arrive at its conclusion! Today, you will, at long last, be squashed for good! There will be no more beetles, or foxes, or cats, or anything else losing their lives in your jaws... I don't kill ants without provocation anymore, but you
... you have been provoking me for years
. Prepare to die
- Luigifan and the Ant God firmly establishing that they are, in fact, archenemies, and that even though the Ant God is here for Flora, it will always be ready to throw down with Luigifan:
Heh heh heh... You are so ridiculous. This
is why I brought such a large army. You see... Flora... Luigifan... This! Is! Personal!!! You won't escape from me again! CHARGE!!!!
*The Ant God and its troops rush towards Tori's house.*
Luigifan: No, Ant God...
This time, you
won't escape me
. Heh heh heh... This feels like I'm in Elibe all over again... All right, everyone, it's time to fight! TOGETHER WE RIDE!!!!!!
*Luigifan and Lucy fly towards the Ant God, while Tails runs up to it on the ground, beating down the ants that get in his way.*
- Boar and Tora more than holding their own against the Ant God's massive army... before reinforcements start to show up to help them.
- Margaret demonstrates how powerful she's become since meeting Randy by zapping herself out of the Sewer Spider's jaws and proceeding to kick its ass.
- When Boar criticizes Felicia, causing her to overreact and Todd to shout at Boar, this ends up distracting Margaret, enabling the Sewer Spider to turn the tables by trapping her in a ball of webbing, suffocating her. It looks like Margaret is about to be killed... and then the Sewer Spider's jaws explode, revealing that Bomberman, Pommy, Kirby, Ribbon, and Pipsy have come to the rescue.
- When the Ant God finally realizes that the Heroes' League is making off with its captives, it goes berserk, snatches Lucy out of the air, and proceeds to begin smashing her flat by repeatedly opening and closing its jaws. This is rightfully treated as a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown, and incurs an appropriate response from Luigifan and the rest of the Heroes' League. If not for Lucy's ability to teleport, she would probably have been killed, and even then, she wasn't able to escape until the Ant God paused its beatdown to try to conceal its weak points from the Heroes' League's shooters. And after escaping, Lucy had to take a break in order to let her Healing Factor kick in and get her back into fighting shape, as she was quite badly maimed.
Ant God: Argh! These flying foxes are getting on my nerves! They aren't even attacking me; what are they doing- *The Ant God spots Lucy flying away with a baby walrus.* ...They're stealing my stockpiled prey!!! Those jerks! Oh, I am going to make them suffer for this... Time for me to try out my latest tactic! *The Ant God's head surges towards Lucy as she retreats with a baby walrus in tow. Caught off-guard and having great trouble carrying the walrus, Lucy has no chance to dodge.*
Flora: In the distance... Is that... oh no... LUCY!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!
Lucy: What the... Ack! *Upon noticing the Ant God's head closing in, Lucy drops the walrus in the split second she has to react, saving him from being snagged by the Ant God's jaws; unfortunately, Lucy herself is caught.* Urgh!
*Luigifan, on his way to the Ant God to rescue another prisoner, notices the falling walrus.* Whoa! Soma Cruz, we've gotta catch that thing! *Soma Cruz manages to swoop into position to catch the walrus before he reaches terminal velocity.* Why did a walrus just fall out of the sky?!? *Luigifan looks up to see the Ant God's head retract to its body... after which its jaws begin to rapidly open and close with devastating force, with Lucy stuck in the middle, repeatedly being smashed, and unable to recover from each blow in time to dodge the next. After every 10 jaw smashes, the Ant Gold flicks its head up to toss Lucy straight up into the air a short distance, after which it begins smashing again. Luigifan, aghast, finds himself remaining in place, unable to believe what he's seeing.* Oh... my... God...
The Ant God's seriously hardcore this time...
*on the roof*
Randy: What the hell is the Ant God doing?!?
Phillip: It seems to be opening and closing its jaws rapidly...
Randy: I can see that!!! But why?!?
Lily: Oh God... is there somebody stuck in there?
Flora: ._.; Oh... Oh my God... If there is... *whimper* I do not think I'd survive being in that position...
Luigifan: *from afar* OH MY GOD IT'S MASHING LUCY INTO PASTE! BLAST THE JAWS! BLAST THE JAWS!!!!!!!!!
- Finding this tactic to be effective, the Ant God proceeds to repeat it every other time it manages to catch someone in its jaws, eliciting similar reactions to the first time. Especially since its later victims are unable to teleport. Except for Lillian, but she didn't get the chance to do so due to a botched rescue.
- Relentless jaw beatdowns aside, the Ant God is shown to be really playing for keeps when Luigifan discovers that it kidnapped the Heroes' League's children — and had every intention of nabbing everyone at the Pikachu Cave, before Luigifan called for backup and they all left. note Unfortunately, this only serves to piss all the parents in the Heroes' League off.
- Matt as a Titan pulling Felicia out of the Ant God's jaws and then proceeding to pummel its face.
- The Ant God stopping Matt's No-Holds-Barred Beatdown by biting down on his neck, crushing his weak point and forcing him out of Titan mimicry.
- Carnation single-handedly saving her father's life, while less than a year old.
Legault: My life's been saved by an infant. I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed.
- Todd managing to talk Felicia out of her suicidal funk. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming and a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- The Ant God, instead of running away when the tides of battle turn against it (its usual behavior, as seen in "Tori Bio"), goes One-Winged Angel using power provided to it by Mysto. It then proceeds to incapacitate Cosmo, Galaxina, Luther, Felicia, and Tails in quick succession; Luther is outright killed and Tails is almost killed as well. note
- Margaret managing to make herself useful despite the Ant God's immunity to electricity by helping to wake up her incapacitated friends. She keeps this trick in later roleplays.
- After going One-Winged Angel, the Ant God makes four attempts to grab Flora with its bite attack. The first attempt is narrowly dodged, but the latter three get thwarted in increasingly epic ways.
- For the second attempt, Flora dodges the attack by backflipping out of the way; as she does so, she conjures a warhammer of light, which she uses to smash the Ant God's jaws.
- The Ant God tries to get the last laugh by slamming its head down on top of Phillip, smashing him flat. The last laugh is instead had by Lindsay, who manages to shove some bombs beneath its protective goggles.
- The third time, Galaxina saves Flora's life by delaying the Ant God's bite attack with a solid sphere of psychic energy. Bonus points because Galaxina recovered from the migraine which incapacitated her right before Flora was attacked.
- The fourth and final time, Phillip saves Flora's life with nothing more than the Gun de Sol, a solid grasp of physics, and knowing the Ant God's fighting style well enough to blast it just as it's about to attack.
- Also a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, as Phillip blew off half of the Ant God's jaws, allowing the other half to (harmlessly) hit Flora and knock her right into his arms.
- Luigifan's grand finale to the battle with the Ant God. It starts with a grandiose light show, is followed up by a beatdown to the eyes courtesy of Wyldxwirl and Water Shurikens to the legs from Luigifan's Greninja, Rikimaru, and ends with a simultaneous Oblivion Wing and Moonblast to the face courtesy of Yveltal and Xerneas. And both the Oblivion Wing and Moonblast were powered up (Yveltal was using an advanced variant of Oblivion Wing taught to it by Luigifan, while Xerneas had used Geomancy beforehand). Needless to say, the Ant God is unconscious when the dust settles. All this, without dropping the Idiot Ball he'd been carrying for much of the roleplay (considering what happened in the middle of "And that's why he shakes", Luigifan should have known better than to use a Volcarona around Lily).
- The Ant God also gets a Crowning Moment of Awesome for surviving this, as Luigifan genuinely intended to kill it.
- Mysto bailing out the Ant God by teleporting it away, teleporting herself onto the scene to take its place, and batting aside two mini-nukes intended for the Ant God like they were nothing. This is followed up with a Motive Rant that leaves Flora crying in fear, and when Luigifan and Tails attempt to charge at her, she knocks them flat on their asses with a gust of wind and a snappy comeback. She then leaves the scene not because of any danger to herself, but because she feels the need to intervene in the Crimean crisis. This leads to Luigifan comparing Mysto to Hitler, which presses her Berserk Button and causes her to nearly fry Luigifan before calming herself down and leaving again.
- Lord Crump using a robotic flunky to dump molten silver on Boar's head. The X-Nauts may be bumbling fools, but they were Crazy-Prepared this time. (Not that it helped them actually achieve their goal, but it certainly helped them make their getaway.)
- Bling curbstomping the heroes with his new Stand, Pain Redefined.
"Future: A Shocking Diary"
- Dream using her chronokinesis to simultaneously distract all of the guards at the prison her allies are trying to break into. It does eventually turn sour for her, though...
- Dream refusing to lose her cool when her energy runs out and her chronokinesis fails her, leaving her about to be executed by an impromptu firing squad. Specifically, the twenty-four men she had just been taunting, giving wedgies to, and kicking in the nuts. Who all had loaded machine guns and were standing in a circle around her. And her legs were so badly wounded that she was hardly able to kneel. In other words, Dream was boned. And yet she continued taunting these men, whose only reason to not shoot her dead was that their commander had yet to order them to do so. Total fearlessness taken Up to Eleven. And, no, the awesomeness is not diminished by the fact that Dream has mild Death Seeker tendencies. If anything, Dream's utter disregard for her own well-being makes her Facing The Bullets Rant even more awesome, as she knew full well that she was performing a Heroic Sacrifice and put everything she had into what she believed would be her final blaze of glory.
Soldier #1 (a.k.a. the one whose testicles got smashed by Dream's foot):
Any last words, you ball-busting c***
Dream: ...Pah... I got cocky... heh... like I'd be anything but! I guess I'm gonna die four decades ahead of schedule... No big deal... *Dream, noticing that she's about to start crying, abruptly stops herself and, with great effort, rises up to her hands and knees, shuddering and struggling to hold her torso off the ground.* Like I care! Like my life is really worth anything... You didn't accomplish much. This body of mine was going to deteriorate in 37 years anyways! So what if I die 37 years early? At least I was having fun! *Dream suddenly starts laughing.* You guys should know, I didn't die in vain... I stopped you from killing my mother, and I provided enough of a distraction for my family to sneak right past you! *Dream continues laughing and glaring defiantly at the soldiers.* Yeah, that's right! By the time you make it back to your gas chambers, my mother will already be gone! You should have known better than to try to kill Sonja Belnades! My only regret is that I couldn't live to see my mother delivered to safety from your filthy criminal paws! Go ahead! Kill me! You're too late! The people you've tried to oppress and silence... My family will save them all! Your regime is finished! You thought you could grind the people's faces into the dirt forever? You were wrong!!! What are you waiting for?!? Shoot me dead! It won't make a lick of difference! In just a few minutes, I will be avenged! You're all going to face justice for your crimes! I can already hear the can of whoop-ass being opened up on your sorry faces!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!
- Damien stepping to save Dream from being shredded to tiny specks of meat by the aforementioned firing squad. note
Damien: YOU CAN"T STOP JUSTICE! *charges at the guards*
Guard: *prepares to shoot Damien but finds himself unable to act*
D.Matt: *behind the soldier* What's the matter? I thought you all were ruthless killers? And yet here you are. Standing there. Paralyzed, by a little boy. And you should, because don't you know? Demons don't like it when you hurt their friends.
Damien: *uses the distortion caused by forming mouths on his arm to punch the Guard from a good distance* Leave my friend alone you jerk bags!
D.Matt: heh heh heh. Oh do try and stop my son. He is only a black hole in human form. There is no need for fear.
Guards: *are successfully losing morale as they are getting more and more afraid*
Damien: *continues terrorizing the guards* Rawr! Go home and learn to accept people! So says the great Damien!
Guards: *A few of the guards open fire on Damien, only for him to eat the bullets without being harmed.*
Soldier #20: What the hell?!? It's not even human! It's a monster! A demon!
Dream: *Dream slowly, with great effort, looks up to see Damien pulverizing the men who were shooting her dead just a few seconds ago. Her vision is blurry thanks to the trauma her body has suffered and the blood flowing over her eyes, but she can still recognize Damien's form.* ...D-D-Damien? You... you really... care enough... to save me? T-t-thank... you... *Dream collapses again, unable to muster up the strength to lift herself even an inch off the ground.*
- Annie confronting the prison warden, who just a few hours ago had her locked up and scheduled for execution. And had been holding her captive for a week without ever giving her any food or water. Also, the prison warden was armed. Annie wasn't (but did have the advantage of being able to survive a few dozen pistol shots).
- Tails interrupting the confrontation before the warden can actually shoot Annie by dropping down on him from above and proceeding to start pummeling him.
- Dream saving Sonja from getting gassed by performing Submission note on the guard who was about to activate the gas chamber. This is followed up by putting him in a chokehold, kneeing him in the groin, and then slamming his head into the floor.
"Full Moon, Empty Stomachs"
- Matthew Prower stopping the car chase by dropping his Gigalith on Altair's truck is a partial example. Technically, it worked, but it also squashed Priscilla flat as a pancake (forcing Dark Matt to rewrite reality to prevent her death) and badly startled Myla.
- Diego sniping Altair (who was waving a gun menacingly at the Prowers) in the head. It serves as a very good Establishing Character Moment.
- Matthew rescuing Uma from Altair by dropping his Metagross on him. While bleeding to death after Taking the Bullet. note
- Castiel owning Hernando, Spiniel, and two Bloody Spines mooks to save Winter from being executed.
- Ben blasting Spiniel's arm off when the Bloody Spines try to attack Winter post-escape.
- At first, The Knights of the Round were used for a bit of humor, but when Dream steals the materia used to summon them, she quickly reminds Blake why they were the best summon in the game.
- Winter demonstrating just why Damien Kane needed the Heroes' League's help to beat Mr. Snow 16 years ago by using her cryokinesis to shut down Damien's hurricane.
- Dream barreling past Alen and some flunkies (specifically, Blake's harem) when they try to stop her from chasing after Elan, who had just abducted Sonja. Specifically, Dream whacked Alen right into the barricade, causing the harem members to fall over like dominoes.
- Tails and Matthew tackling Elan to rescue Sonja.
- Elan managing to lift Matthew's Gigalith off of himself. Let me repeat this — he lifted a Gigalith.
- Lysander stealing Dark Matt's book and using it to KO Luigifan's Palkia, Astrocean, and save Natascha's life.
- Luigifan throwing Damien Astarte at Lysander to get Dark Matt's book out of his clutches and save Dream's life.
- Dark Matt stopping the maid from murdering Tails and Eric by cursing her leg to fall off.
"In your base, drinkin' your booze"
"Blindly fooling thyself"
- Mr. Snow abducting Memori, then freezing all of her siblings and cousins in place when they try to intervene.
- Winter talking Mr. Snow out of torturing Memori to death. By threatening to abandon him.
- Mr. Snow, rather than being pissed off, is actually proud of Winter for standing up to him and demonstrating what he sees as the qualities of an effective leader. It helps that Mr. Snow thought that Winter was dead until she contacted him.
- In this roleplay, Matt reveals the details of the Noodle Incident involving himself, Queen Sectonia, Ivy, and Sky that got brought up in the (chronologically) previous roleplay, "Professional apologizer". Said details? Matt dual mimicked Akuma and Raiden and stabbed Queen Sectonia several hundred times in just 90 seconds. Needless to say, when Matt confronts Sectonia again in this roleplay, her reaction is to get the hell away from him as quickly as possible.
- Matt casting magic on the Dreamstalk as Oliver to accelerate and promote its growth, which convinces Queen Sectonia to release Forest without a fight.
- Matt and Justin tag-teaming Snake-Jaw to protect Ivy.
- Sonic saving Noah from Wrapsodi by body-checking her at supersonic speed.
- Matthew Prower effortlessly defeating Wrapsodi with his Metagross in order to rescue Uma (in fact, he outright kills Wrapsodi by having his Metagross eat her), followed by a "World of Cardboard" Speech in which he acknowledges that he's not yet worthy of Uma's love and promises to better himself and make himself worthy.
- Bonus points for Matthew not dropping Metagross directly on top of Wrapsodi at the start, because he would also kill Uma if he did that; he instead dropped Metagross directly in front of Wrapsodi to cut her off. After stealthily dropping his other Pokémon all around her to cut off her other escape routes. The kid's already learning.
- The maid crushing Wrapsodi's soul. Yes, that's right, her soul. Yes, Wrapsodi is Deader Than Deader Than Dead, in a canon where death is almost never final.
- Collin's battle with Snake-Jaw (picking up where Matt and Justin left off) and eventual rescue of Maxmillian.
- Scorpio standing up to Slenderman (yes, that Slenderman) in order to protect Memori from him. He even manages to make the Slenderman flinch and drop Memori with a punch through sheer Heroic Resolve. (The Slenderman basically ignored everything else Scorpio and Memori did to it, up to and including being completely unaffected by hurricane-force winds.)
- Charmory ordering the Slenderman to drop Memori and Scorpio (who it was in the middle of abducting) and leave them alone. The Slenderman obeys. And then, when the Slenderman returns not long afterwards, Charmory interrogates it. Granted, by her own admission, she's able to do this successfully and get away with it because she's an elven princess, but it's still pretty impressive that she scares the Slenderman.
- The big battle with Necrodeus to decide Priscilla's fate has several of these.
"Sneaky little rat"
"Artemis bio F"
- Leila breaking into Artemis's prison to dump Nikolai inside. Let us repeat - she broke into a maximum-security prison just to dump Nikolai inside. And this was nothing more or less than a prank to her (she correctly deduced that he wouldn't be kept there for very long).
"May the odds not be in your favor"
- Harry standing up to the angry mob trying to kill Manah note , even after they impale him with a pitchfork.
- Harry kicking Zavok in the nuts in order to rescue himself and Manah from the Deadly Six.
- Manah stepping into the path of Mysto's Killing Curse in order to save Harry after the peace talk between Mysto and the Belnades goes sour. Keep in mind that Mysto is Manah's mother, who Manah had been searching for for the past six months, so Manah's self-sacrificial act of defiance demonstrates just how strong the bond between Manah and Harry has grown. Yes, Manah respawns (albeit in the underworld, unable to return for several years), but she had absolutely no idea that she has Resurrective Immortality when she took Mysto's attack in Harry's place, so from her point of view, it was a full-fledged Heroic Sacrifice.
"Inu & Uma Bio"
- Diego shooting down one of Wrapsodi's children in mid-pounce, while running, with a sniper rifle, without using a scope, without slowing down.
- The maid's rant at Wally Green-Skuttla, right before she smashes him into paste. Basically, pressing her Berserk Button is a horrendously bad idea.
- Trapestry effortlessly beating up the Prowers. The only reason she doesn't outright kill them is that she senses Damien and his group invading her lair to rescue Dream, and prioritizes keeping Dream captive and ultimately killing her to drink her soul above killing off the Prower family.
- Janine breaking free from her silken bonds, while dying from the venom of Wrapsod's children, in order to deliver a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown to a justifiably shocked Emerald and save Diego's life. Janine doesn't succumb to the venom until after Emerald has been launched across the horizon.
- Trapestry beating the crap out of the maid by using Dream's power (which Trapestry has stolen by drinking part of her soul) to anticipate and avoid the maid's attacks.
- Damien biting Zharnev's arm off when Zharnev and Trapestry try to teleport away with Dream in their clutches. If not for this, Dream would have been abducted all over again, and most likely killed.
- Matt threatens Mysto using Silver Chariot's extreme speed to avoid potential retaliation. Mysto proceeds to use a giant blast to render this strategy useless.
- Matthew seems pretty skilled at quickly getting rid of enemies, quickly knocking out Mysto with his go to "drop a heavy object on someone" strategy. Despite getting such an intelligent foe with such a predictable strategy, almost everyone calls him out for using such a risky move.
- Cash of the HSC gets a Stand with the express purpose of defeating angels. This means Matt, who at this point is almost unbeatable outside of incredibly long fights, could potentially be one-shot defeated.
"Scaredy fox training"
- Artemis quickly sets the tone for the Mogeko Castle arc by effortlessly abducting several Mogeko with her shadow.
- Ophelia effortlessly dodging Raphael's sneak attacks.
- Shadow Damien (a.k.a. Blake) dodging Manah's axe strike by splitting in two. Yes, it was cheeky enough to pretend to be hit.
- Damien coming to the rescue when Shadow Damien is about to kill Dream and Ophelia.