Awesome: War of the Worlds
- Ray making the decision to kill Ogilvy is a pivotal moment for him. It says a lot about how far he'll go to keep Rachel safe.
Ray: Do you understand what I'm going to have to do? I can't let my daughter die because of you.
- Rachel also gets one simply for keeping herself calm and making it all the way through her lullaby. Given how terrified she must have been, that's pretty impressive.
- Ray sends a FUCKING HAND GRENADE into the alien's tripod after being captured, by exploiting their method of selecting humans for draining.
- Bonus for the people in the cage saving him from being killed.
- The Marines on the hill deserve a mention here. Although they get their collective asses handed to them hard. They still stand their ground to try and delay the advance of the Tripods until the civilians can get away. It also counts as a bit of Hearwarming because these Marines KNEW that from the moment they made contact, they weren't going to survive this fight.
- They get avenged later on when an Army unit manages to catch a Tripod in a city, with its shields down, and THEY are packing Javelin Anti-Tank Missiles and Carl Gustov Recoiless Rifles. The fight goes about as well for the Tripod in question as it had been for the humans up to that point.
- Perhaps not as Bad Ass as the marines in the last example, but the conductors who direct crowds of refugees in various scenes, such as onto the ferry. We don't even know if they're employees or volunteers, but either way, they could have fled long ago and had a better chance of saving themselves; instead they stayed behind, to try to help others, and died.