- In Prisoner's Release and Other Stories:
- Jonas' final conversation with Dixan. Jonas was given a pendant by Alexan before he died, which his brother Dixan attempts to buy off him for a insultingly small amount. Jonas refused, so Dixan turned to trying to hurt Jonas's reputation as well as the livelihood of his friends. After one of these attempts at intimidation almost kills one of his friends, Jonas eventually sends Dixan an ultimatum: pay a huge amount in reparation, or the pendant ends up at the bottom of a muddy river. Jonas's threat is so convincing that Dixan eventually has to sacrifice the rent for his office as well as to borrow from his secretary in order to get the pendant back.
- In Pendant of Fortune:
- When Volle's trial for murder turns so badly against Dereath that he is the one sentenced to death after being found guilty of killing both victims.
- Another follows shortly after when Volle tricks Dereath into bragging about his crimes within earshot of the palace guard assigned to his cell. This leaves the guard very receptive to Volle's suggestion that Dereath is both too evil and too powerful to be left alive.
- In Shadow of the Father:
- When Yilon actually manages to form an alliance with the Shadows, showing them that foxes and mice can get along, from Yilon and Sinch's example.
Awesome / Volle
A few noteworthy moments include: