Awesome: Universal Soldier
- Our introduction to the Unisols, demonstrates just how Awesome these guys are:
- They are inserted into the outermost perimeter of their area of operations via helicopter, a mile and a half upriver. They swim, upriver, in under four and a half minutes. UP RIVER IN FOUR AND A HALF MINUTES. They're goddamn fishes!
- Devereaux, Scott and the rest of their fireteam infiltrate Hoover Dam, by climbing up the side of one of the towers, via rope; using nothing but sheer upper body strength. They're so badass they're not even using their legs. While still soaking wet and hauling their field packs with them.
- They take out armed guards with suppressed weapons without anyone knowing they're there, and using specialized headsets called interceptors, they are able to fool the other terrorists present that there isn't anything wrong and patrols are just going fine.
- Devereaux & Scott make their way into the dam by fast rope running down the face of the Hoover Dam and pretty much killing any and all of the patrolling guards that stand in their way, all the while remaining unseen and unheard.
- GR-74, one of the Unisols in the fireteam; makes his way into the dam, dressed up as one of the dam's maintenance team. He gets into range of the terrorists, and gets lit up like the Fourth of July, getting nailed in the chest with heavy semi-automatic rifle fire. As soon as Devereaux and the others get into range and start taking out the other terrorists, GR-74 gets back up, pulling out a handgun out of the toolbox He was carrying, and delivers a killing headshot to the lead terrorist.
- Mission complete, all without a single damn civilian causality on their end, which the same can't be said for the Las Vegas Police Department and their SWAT Team.
- It is an unspoken requirement, that in order to become a Unisol, outside of that whole death thing; is that you have to be an incredible badass.
- Devereaux & Scott were Special Forces before they became Unisols, and with the exception of the Unisols born in a lab through genetic engineering, all of the Unisols are some kind of elite infantry or Special Forces badass.
- Despite how incredibly crappy it is to be a Unisol, they only select the best of the best to become even more incredibly badass.
- "You're discharged, Sarge."
- Devereaux's cafe brawl. The man is trying to eat. He hasn't eaten real food in ages, having his dietary needs taken care of by a high-concentrate nutritional supplement. Manages to kick the shit out of every tough guy in the cafe without breaking a sweat and goes back to eating.
- Devereaux and Scott's fight at the end. Scott has the advantage, having jacked himself up on Muscle Booster, granting him levels of superhuman strength, toughness and speed that surpass Devereaux. The tables get turned on Scott when Devereaux injects himself with Scott's second hypoderm of Muscle Booster. Curbstomp Battle ensues.