Awesome: Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Eliza fleeing across the broken ice field of the Ohio River, carrying her young son and chased by hounds. Based on a real incident, which inspired Stowe to write the novel.
- Uncle Tom's Heroic Sacrifice of dying under Legree's whip for refusing to tell him where Cassie and Emmeline, two fleeing female slaves, had gotten. Even more so because Cassie actually asked Tom to escape with them, but he refused because he was already old and didn't want to be The Load.
- Mrs. Bird's What the Hell, Hero? to her husband.
- The scene where an ex-slave owner spits on George Harris's "WANTED" poster in public, then delivers a really badass speech about his thoughts on slavery.
- An before Tom's Heroic Sacrifice... He's in a total Heroic BSOD state one night, this close to plow through the Despair Event Horizon thanks to Legree's evil and the Crapsack World-like plantation he's stuck in. Then Legree shows up to further taunt him... but that spectacularly backfires, as Tom reacts, refuses to give in and clearly tells his 'owner' "Shut Up, Hannibal!", ultimately forcing Legree to back off even if just for a while. That was really fucking badass.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.