Awesome: Ultimate X-Men
- Does no-one think the opening issue was totally Badass? The massive fight with the Sentinels? Cyclops was a super badass here. He reveals his Visor isn't solely press button to use, he can activate it by clicking his fingers and takes out a full Sentinel with it. Ultimate Cyclops has a lot of Badassery, moments later too.
- Kitty, during the war and battle against the nimrods, takes command and proves herself to be the The Leader of Mutantkind.
- Wolverine, in a bid to remove his rival for Jean's affections, stabs Cyclops and leaves him to bleed out and die. BUT, Cyclops is Not Quite Dead, comes back, and blasts Wolverine with a very strong optic blast, and says: "You're off the team." A very nice Take That, Scrappy! moment.
- Dazzler. Just plain Dazzler. Take a character oft-considered one of the handful of scrappy X-Characters, give her an update that still kept her grounded in music and then add her to the X-Men as the oft-unwilling member of the team, and give her plenty of quips? Amazing. She arguably contributed to a push to start using the 616 version again.
- During Gambit's fight with the team, he's attacked by Logan. So what does Remy do? Grab hold of one of Logan's claws, and threaten to blow him up from the inside. Wolverine wisely backs off.