Awesome: Tomorrow Never Dies
- Bond is upstaged by his own car. Even if he was driving it by remote control...
- Wai Lin gets a moment where a bunch of Mooks follow her to her safehouse... and she wipes the floor with them. Enhanced immediately afterwards, when Bond is making a minor idiot of himself setting off her disguised gadgets by accident, a recovering Mook gets up behind him — and Wai Lin nonchalantly KO's him with a spring-loaded baby carriage. Awesome.
- M telling Admiral Roebuck that although she may not have testicles, she does not require them to think.
- This statement that demonstrates that although she had her doubts in the previous movie, M is now on Bond's side:
Roebuck: What the hell is he doing?M: His job.
Bond: Ask the Admiral where he'd like his bombs delivered.
- "His job" is freaking awesome in and of itself! He utterly demolishes an Arms Fair (to Crowning Music of Awesome, naturally) with every weapon imaginable, from pistols, to machine guns, to grenades, up to and including jet engine exhaust. Then, after stealing the nuke-packing jet, he takes out the enemy jet above him by ejecting the "backseat driver" that was garrotting him. And topping it all off with some Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- And then he hits the afterburners on his jet and blasts us into the awesome opening credits. Hell. Yeah.
- The scene with Dr. Kaufman, specifically:
- Kaufman: Wait, I'm just a professional doing a job!Bond: Me too.
- The Chinese and the British fleets sort out their differences just in time to avoid a war after Bond and Wai Lin tell their governments that Carver is behind it all. Both fleets have spotted the stealth boat on their radar.
British Officer: Now Captain, whatever the hell that thing is, sink it.British Captain: Right sir. P-WO, is that echo too weak for missile lock?PWO: Uh, yes sir.British Captain: Right, we'll do it the old fashioned way.British Officer: [grins as the Captain begins giving gunnery orders]
- By the end of the film, Carver has done a fine job of getting under Bond's skin, especially by having Paris killed. So when Bond finally dispatches of Carver, it's one of his most angry and ruthless kills in the whole series: He activates the sea drill that Carver had been using to wreck the ships and holds him in its path.
- Bond: I may have some breaking news for you, Elliot. You forgot the first rule of mass media, Elliot! (Punches Carver in the face) Give the people what they want! (Lets go just seconds before the drill shreds Carver)