has a few of these, if you're willing to allow for a little late '70s cheese in your awesomeness:
- Cyrus' speech near the beginning of the movie:
"You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it? Can you dig it? Caaaaan you dig iiiiiit?!"
- The fight in the Union Square Station bathroom against the Punks, where pretty much everything (and everyone) gets completely wrecked.
- Ajax gets tired of running from wimps:
Ajax: "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."
- The fact The Warriors were able to make it back home to Coney within a single night, every New York City gang looking for them and wanting blood, and not giving up.
- Luther, the movie's Big Bad, clanking a few empty beer bottles together on his fingertips and yowling "Warriorrrrrrs... come out to playyyyy-ayyyyy". Borderline Narm, but so over-the-top in its craziness that it actually starts sounding legit badass/scary.
- When Luther attempts to shoot Swan at point-blank range, Swan takes a sidestep and throws his switchblade, ending the conflict short.
- And just to put punctuation to it, he stoically removes the knife and wipes the blood off with Luther's hair.
- After Luther confesses to having murdered Cyrus, the Grammercy Riffs are revealed to have heard the entire confession. Luther's pleas for mercy as the Riffs close in on him are awesome.
- And this exchange afterwards:
Masai: You Warriors are good. Real good.
Swan: The best.