Awesome: The Untouchables
The 1987 movie
- When Oscar charges into the fray against the gangsters on the bridge. For an accountant with a gun, he looked very badass.
- Odessa Steps homage scene. Also Pop-Cultural Osmosis - the average modern moviegoer will probably know this scene from The Untouchables rather than Battleship Potemkin.
- Ness' last words to Capone in the court room. After a scene with Capone declaring that a fight should be fought to the end to truly see the winner, Ness essentially turns his own words back on him, and caps it off with a positively epic "There endeth the lesson," line whilst grinning triumphantly at the mobster. Cue Capone needing to be held back by his entire crew.
- Ness throwing Nitti off the roof of the courthouse to his death while saying, "Did he sound anything like that?!"
- Jimmy Malone, a veteran, wise and tough street cop of Irish ancestry who is very pissed with Chicago's corruption and is portrayed by Sean Connery. Truly Oscar worthy.
Mobster: You gotta warrant?Malone: Sure, here's my warrant. (Punch in the belly)
- Ness dealing with the corrupt alderman and his bribery.
- This theme courtesy of Ennio Morricone.