Awesome Moments from the 1951 film:
- The Thing shuts off the heat to the base in the middle of a night-time blizzard, but Hendry quickly figures out that the alien is setting a trap and refuses to send anyone out to fix it. But it also means the humans have to hurry up with a solution to killing The Thing before the cold kills them...
- The scene in the beginning where the rescue party tries to uncover what appears to be a crashed airplane...
"Holy cats! We found a flying saucer!"
- Their attempt to kill the Thing with lots and lots of fire doesn't work but looks very awesome and dangerous.
- The final confrontation in the darkened hallway, as the humans lure The Thing into their own trap.
Lt. McPherson: This is no joke... What if he can read our minds?
- As the group readies for one final battle against the Thing.
- The team opening a door to find the Thing right behind it.
Awesome Moments from the comic series:
- In Climate of Fear, Agapito nearly gets infected, so how does he stop it from spreading? By cutting off his whole arm with a machete and jumping out the window!
- In the same series, Childs infects MacReady's blood sample to make people think he's infected.