* An unarmed Mason calmly facing a group of heavily armed Marines, telling Hummel he's a "fucking idiot", and not flinching when Hummel puts a gun in his face.
* After taking crap from Mason over his lack of combat experience, Goodspeed proves his real strength when he starts defusing one of the VX gas rockets. When Mason starts to move the chemical balls, Goodspeed snaps at him "Do not move that!" and Mason looks both thrown and partly scared to realize what he's holding.
* Goodspeed becoming a Badass:
** For example, Captain Darrow comes in while Goodspeed is disarming one of the last rockets. Darrow starts to advance around the rocket towards Goodspeed, who backs away around the other side of the rocket.
--->'''Goodspeed:''' ''(holding up the missile's payload of VX)'' "You shoot me, I drop this--we're both dead."
--->'''Darrow:''' "Come on, come on. Don't be scared. [[BlatantLies I won't hurt ya. Come on.]]"
--->'''Goodspeed:''' "You know how this shit works?"
--->'''Darrow:''' ''(pulling out a combat knife)'' "You know how ''this'' shit works?!" ''[[TooDumbToLive (stops directly in front of the missile)]]'' "I don't need the gun." ''(Drops the gun but keeps the knife)'' "Come on, let's play."
--->'''Goodspeed:''' "Listen, I think we got started off on the wrong foot. Stan Goodspeed, FBI. Uh, let's talk music. Do you like the Music/EltonJohn song ''Rocket Man?''"
--->'''Darrow:''' "I don't like soft-ass shit."
--->'''Goodspeed:''' "Oh, you don't? Oh... well, I only bring it up, because... it's you. You're the Rocket Man!" ''(flips the switch that fires the missile, which smashes into Darrow and throws him out the window)'' "How do you like how ''that'' shit works?!"
* Goodspeed later killing the BigBad Captain Frye by shoving a chemical ball down his throat. "Eat that, you fuck!"
* Commander Anderson despite outnumbered and in an extremely disadvantageous position, refusing to surrender himself and his men, relying on Hummel's code of honour.
* General Hummel's demands, no action villain clichés, he cuts straight to the point managing to simultaneously guilt-trip and intimidate all present and make them aware of the threat he poses.
--> You alert the media, I launch the gas. You refuse payment, I launch the gas. You have 40 hours until noon, day after tomorrow to arrange transfer of the money. I am aware of your counter-measure; you know and I know it doesn't stand a chance. Hummel from Alcatraz, out.
--> ''(slams the phone down)''