Awesome: The Replacements
- Danny shows up in the bar, wearing a sombrero and drinking hard liquor straight from the bottle, when it looks like eight guys are going to pound on Falco. Taking a cue from Falco, Danny full-on tackles Martel, picks him up off of the ground, and starts repeatedly slamming his face into the bar yelling 'who's the man?!' before throwing him into a glass display case. This all happens in about ten seconds and is just as good as it sounds.
Nigel: C'mon! C'mon—STOP! (He kicks the guy in the nuts with his kicking leg) Let's play football, bitch! (He then lays the guy out with another kick to the forehead)
- It's even better once you remember that Martel is a spoiled pro player, who'd rather slide out two yards short of the goal, than risk getting tackled going for a touchdown. While Danny... Danny is a Gulf War vet with a Purple Heart, and a SWAT officer by day normally. Awesome.
- We must also give thanks for Nigel's Bad Ass moment during the brawl when he taunts one pro player in the most awesome manner ever:
Shane Falco: "Kick Ass on one."
- Shane's first play upon his return to the field in time for the final game of the movie.
Martel: You'll never be anything more than a replacement player!Shane: Yeah. Yeah, I can live with that.Clifford: My brothers, will somebody please, please get this asshole outta here? (Cue the entire team bodily removing Martel from the locker room)
- When Shane comes back for the final game in the second half, Martel threatens to bring in the team owner. The replacement players then grab him and stuff him in something so he won't go anywhere until the game is over. Better still, he is dispatched with a single awesome quote from Orlando Jones: