Awesome: The Purge
From "The Purge"
- James taking out four strangers with his shotgun and an axe.
- Mary smashing Grace's face in.
- Zoey killing the Polite Stranger.
- The homeless guy saving the family from being killed by the evil neighbors.
- The Sandins are hated by their neighbors for their greater wealth and (allegedly) acting like they're better than everyone else. In the end, when the Sandins have every right to Pay Evil unto Evil, they refuse to engage in the Purge and in doing so prove they're better after all. And the scumbag neighbors now have to live knowing it.
- Leo is basically a single walking, talking, Crowning Moment of Awesome unto himself. It's little wonder that, when Movie Bob reviewed Anarchy, he described it as a film about "four ordinary people, and The Punisher")
- Special mention goes to when Leo saves Eva and Cali from their kidnappers; the kidnappers in question are basically Private Military Contractors, armed with assault rifles, military-grade body armor, and gas masks. Leo is just one guy in a black trenchcoat, armed with just one assault rifle and a pistol. Leo guns down all of the kidnappers without so much as a scratch on him.
- Carmelo and his men's big damn heroes moment. They bust into the rich socialites' most dangerous game and massacre the purgers, saving the protagonists from certain death.
Carmelo: Fuck the New Founding Fathers, fuck your money, and motherFUCK the purge!
- Another Special Mention goes to the fact that the homeless man who survived the incident in the Sandin House in the first film returns as a member of Carmelo's Resistance!
- La Résistance highjacking the feed to make a speech. That had to take an unbelievable amount of skill and guts.
Carmelo: Profit making is not the essence of democracy. [...] Tonight, we write our message in blood. Their blood!