- "My sons were better men."
- How about the culmination of Martin's Batman Gambit? A British officer walks in, carrying a dummy: "One of our captured officers, sir." Cornwallis = pwned.
- Benjamin and sons to the rescue!
- And when Ben nails a soldier in the forehead with a tomahawk from twenty paces. Said soldier was holding a knife to Gabriel's throat.
- "I'm here now of my own accord."
- Cruel? Evil? Preceding an indisputable Moral Event Horizon? Sure, yes, and of course, but most villains wish they could deliver a line as marvelously cold-blooded the one Tavington drops here:
Mr. Hardwick: "But, you said... we'd be forgiven!"Tavington: "And indeed you MAY! ...But that's between you and God."
- Villeneuve before the final battle.
"If I die, I die well dressed."
- "A shepherd must tend his flock and at times, fight off the wolves."
- The panoramic shot of the British charging after Martin's supposedly retreating militia...only to see the Continental Army formed up behind the hill. The resulting volley of musket and cannon fire devastates the British.