- Yul Brynner as Chris and and Steve McQueen as Vin are introduced with one as they calmly transport an Indian's body to the graveyard, faced with bigots along the way.
(a gunshot hits Chris's cigar. Neither man so much as flinches)Vin: You get elected?Chris: (looking at his ruined cigar, slightly miffed) Nah. I got nominated real good though!
- James Coburn as Britt gets two of his own: the knife vs. gun duel, and the infamous shot against the guy on the horse. "I was aiming for the horse!"
"If he's the best with a gun and a knife, with whom does he compete?""Himself."
- He also gets one by proxy in Chris's description of him:
- The entire cast - Calvera included - has one during the first big fight, in which just about every line is quotable.
- Yul Brynner gets one Behind The Scenes: During filming Steve McQueen was doing extra bits of this and that to draw the audience's eye to him - like taking off his hat to shade his eyes as he looks around just before they drive the wagon to the graveyard and bending down from his saddle to dip water with his hat as the whole crew crosses a stream. Finally Yul Brynner said to him, "If you don't stop that I'm going to take off my hat, and then no one will look at you for the rest of the film."
- O'Reilly browbeating his Instant Fan Club after they scorn their fathers.
O'Reilly: Don't you ever say that again about your fathers, because they are not cowards! You think I am brave because I carry a gun; well, your fathers are much braver because they carry responsibility, for you, your brothers, your sisters, and your mothers. And this responsibility is like a big rock that weighs a ton. It bends and it twists them until finally it buries them under the ground. And there's nobody says they have to do this. They do it because they love you, and because they want to! I have never had this kind of courage. Running a farm, working like a mule every day with no guarantee anything will ever come of it. This is bravery. That's why I never even started anything like that... that's why I never will.
- Like Kikuchiyo, Chico uses a Bavarian Fire Drill to get the Mexican farmers' attention. However, he handles the situation so sensibly that it garners respect from the other gunmen.
- During the ending fight, when the Seven come back to save them, the villagers throw themselves into the fray - not with guns, but with anything they get their hands on, or just their bare hands! Some throw knives, Petra attacks a bandit with a hoe, a group of them bring a bandit down from his horse with shovels. Many of them are killed, but the rest just keep coming.
Awesome / The Magnificent Seven