- In the first chapter, you have an itty-bitty blind girl, a teenage boy, and two women against a ha'tak full of Jaffa. Managing to escape seems impossible, right? Well, they still do.
- Sergeant Heather Dyne jumps on the yukioso with nothing else than a knife covered in olive oil and salt. She's acting on a hunch, she gets her arm flash-iced over for her efforts, but it works!
- When he realizes how bad her shape is, Zuko decides to help by defrosting her arm. He ends up creating fire-healing on the fly by using another way to bend lightning.
- Janet banishing the yukiuso in Chapter 8
- "This," she spat, "is an infirmary. Dohman and Gabor are dead and beyond my help, and I certainly don't have a prescription for you." Her voice tightened into a whipcrack. "So you can consider yourself discharged with prejudice!"It wasn't her imagination. The line of salt Toph had laid around the edge of the infirmary flared, bright as the candles still flickering throughout the room. She had a strange sense of pushing…And the yukiuso was gone.
- Chapter 11: Aang is battling a face-stealer-class ice spirit above an alien world. Katara is in an airborne spaceship on the fringes of same and decides Aang could use backup and/or a Cooldown Hug.
O'Neill: "... If you think I'm letting you walk out into the middle of that...."Katara: "I don't recall asking permission." (opens hatch and gets blasted into the snow-filled sky)