- Brian Froud's amazing creature designs.
- The entire movie's set design. Absolutely nothing in this movie is even remotely recognizable as an Earth-based organism. And it was all done with puppets - no CGI at all.
- The music score by Trevor Jones. Especially in the climax.
- The Mystics chant in unison to call for Jen. True to their name, there is something mystical about it.
- The trial by stone, settling a long feud between the Chamberlin and the General.
- Jen and Kira riding Landstriders.
- Arguably the entire climax.
Aughra: What was sundered and undone / Shall behold: the two made one!
- Kira's Wing Pull which saves her and Jen from a Garthim attack.