open/close all folders
The Chessverse as a whole
- The fact that this universe exists. One fic, which inspired a second fic, which led to a crossover between the fics...which led to the creation of the several fics, all set in the same universe, that we know of.
Griffin the Griffin
- Griffin, just shortly after arriving in Equestria, kills a black dragon. And then he rips off one of its scales and makes a sword from it. Keep in mind he's just arrived and has yet to assemble his army or arsenal.
- Griffin and Gilda casually come up with the idea to form an army and free the slave griffins and ponies from the Diamond Dogs. Less than a year later, they've assembled this army, become famous pirates, saved several lives, and formed a new island colony. All this started from two lowly griffins with no resources aside from their brains and what they found.
- The fight with Ember the Dragon. The second one, specifically, even if it ends badly for Griffin.
From Nobody to Knightmare
- Just the sheer idea of Knightmare defeating his foes through, basically, dancing.
- Also the fact that he beat Queen Chrysalis, his ruler, when his type of Changeling is supposed to be for nothing other than essentially being a sex toy.
To Err is Equine
- The Dusk of Ice and Fire. All of it.
- Arrell's Big Damn Heroes moment, by plunging into battle with a gigantic chunk of ice. "I found a lake in the forest. This is what I did with it."
- Arrell's arrival in Equestria begins with him waking up, only to be attacked by a manticore. He fights it off by accidentally hitting it with a FUS RO DAH!
- Everything Arrell does after Asylum is kidnapped. He works through his sickness, turns against the others when they try to stop him, and tells the Rancid Windigoes directly that he's going to stop them.
- "Lord Frostfiend. Rancid Windigoes. Meet your greatest obstacle. The Master Chief of Equestria...Arrell Ragnarok."