!!!Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
* The special effects of the first movie (Done by Creator/JimHenson, the man behind ''Series/SesameStreet'' and ''Series/TheMuppetShow'', of all people) arguably make the entire thing one long Moment of Awesome, but what stands out the most are the fights between the Turtles and the Foot which are energetic and imaginative. The fact that they pulled this off with four of the principal performers in 100lb costumes and nearly blind makes it all the more impressive.
** It's not just the fights, the Turtles are all able to fully emote and even believably ''cry'' at several points. The suits immediately draw you into the illusion that these magnificent creatures are one hundred percent ''real''.
** Most fans assumed that the film would be animated, and were gobsmacked that it was live-action.
* Casey Jones telling off the junior members of the Foot after claiming that they're a "family."
-->'''Casey:''' You call this here... [indicates the members of the Foot] ...and that down there... [indicates the fallen Tatsu] ...family?
** Before that, he takes a beating from Tatsu which Casey then turns into a CurbStompBattle once he gets his hands on a golf club.
* Splinter having the Shredder at his complete mercy with a simple flick of the wrist.
** And Casey finishing him off in the garbage truck complete with a deadpan "Oops!" when he turns on the crusher.
* Michelangelo's nunchaku duel with the Foot Clan member.
* Leonardo actually scoring a hit on the Shredder.
* The rooftop fight, for its energy and SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic.
* The Turtles first real fight with the Foot Clan doesn't go their way. Raphael is injured and out of the fight, they're taken by surprise, and they are slowly being overwhelmed. It's only through the arrival of Casey Jones and a quick retreat that the Turtles survive. The rematch, however, is far different. The Turtles manage to not only hold them off, but force the entire Foot Clan to retreat. And keep in mind that their first bout at April's was only against a small contingent, while the rematch was against the entire clan!
** The best part of the the battle in April's apartment is when Casey shows up to cover the Turtle's escape and wipes the floor with the entire squad.
*** And then The Shredder himself decides to join in, and utterly thrashes the Turtles throughout the fight with only Leo managing to get in a rather minor hit. It takes Master Splinter himself to finally bring the man down through misdirection and trickery. Say what you will about his cartoon incarnation at the time, THIS Shredder was nothing short of a badass of the highest caliber.