- The dialogue immediately before the Final Boss is Asbel's biggest moment of awesome in the entire game. As Lambda is ranting about how Humans Are Bastards and how he's going to Kill 'em All, Asbel's response is simple, yet effective: "And Then What?" Asbel points out what would happen if Lambda actually went through with the plan, basically leaving Lambda entirely alone in an empty, dying world. The brief silence from Lambda afterwards shows that he hadn't really thought that far ahead.
Malik: You'll be the last to see this... This'll be your resting place, Lambda! You won't be forgotten!
- You know what, the entire final battle is one big Moment of Awesome for Asbel. What happens after the above? He manages to bring Richard to his senses, then is able to physically separate him from Lambda (both of which No one thought he'd be able to do). After the inevitable One-Winged Angel boss battle, Lambda is severely weakened, but not dead; The defeat was only temporary and he will return and try to destroy the world again unless Sophie makes a Heroic Sacrifice. Asbel says "nut's to that" and opts to Take a Third Option. He willingly becomes Lambda's next host and instead of a Battle in the Center of the Mind, he has a peaceful conversation and convinces Lambda to his way of thinking. Let's repeat that. He talked down the Big Bad Omnicidal Eldritch Abomination and got it to agree to peacefully coexist with him (effectively starting Lambda down the road to a Heel–Face Turn). How many JRPG heroes have been able to pull that off?
- The other heroes can, of course, get in on the Badass Boast fun. Aping the heroes from Tales of the Abyss, each Graces hero(ine) has something to say to Lambda if one finishes him off with a Mystic Arte. Yes, you can get personal finishing quotes by having the main characters give Lambda a Badass Boast while kicking his ass with their Lv.3 Mystic Artes.
- The Sophie versus Richard scene in Lhant where the duo go head to head and end it with the former slamming the latter into a cliff after a dueling with masses of light and darkness. Also Asbel's Big Damn Heroes moment when he saves Sophie when Richard has her cornered.
- Perhaps not on the scale as the above, but near the end of Lineage and Legacies, Asbel prepares to let Lambda temporarily take over his body to shut down Fodra's core. The crowning moment is for Hubert, though:
Hubert: Hear me well, Lambda. If you refuse to release my brother, I will not be held responsible for the consequences.
- How's that for staring down the Omnicidal Maniac?