Awesome: Superman: Red Son
- "These shores are off limits, Comrade." Cue asskicking.
- Batman outsmarting Superman by tying up Wonder Woman with her lasso, then luring him into Lex's red solar lamps. After pages of Superman unknowingly lording over humanity, it's very satisfying to see a cunning victim of the Soviet regime take him down, then make a speech that embodies Badass Normal.
Batman: We ordinary people may lack your great speed or your x-ray vision, Superman. But never underestimate the power of the human mind. We carry the most dangerous weapon on Earth inside these thick little skulls of ours.
- You have to admire Lex Luthor's ability to completely break a superpowered, world-ruling dictator with just one single question:
"Why don't you just put the whole WORLD in a BOTTLE, Superman?"
- Superman manages to carry a damaged Brainiac out of the Solar System before it self-destructs. What makes it even more impressive is that Lex calculated the explosion would destroy everything within 15 million miles in less than a minute. Doing the math reveals that even at light speed, it would be impossible. This leaves us with only one conclusion: superman managed to not only break the speed of light, but get the explosion far away enough that the 8 billion mile-wide Solar System would remain untouched. All in less than a minute.
Lex: "Even you aren't that fast!"Superman: "Don't count on it, mister."
- Summed up in the exchange beforehand: