- Bag of Bones
- Paul Sheldon finally delivering Annie's comeuppance at the end of Misery.
Paul: Eat it! Eat it until you choke, you sick, twisted fuck!
- Nightmares and Dreamscapes
- Sort of a meta Real Life example. King is a voracious reader, and generous with his praise for new authors, who get a Colbert Bump from his reviews. For example, in 2015 King tweeted about Paul Tremblay 's A Head Full Of Ghosts. When the book won the 2016 Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Novel, King tweeted his congratulations.
- King's dedication to writing counts as this. After the Kings' third son was born, King had a vasectomy. There were complications, and one day as he was writing Firestarter, he began to bleed. Mrs. King found him with a lap full of blood, like something out of his own books, but he just had to finish the scene before going to the hospital!
- And then he got hit by a van...
- He was the first subject of Epic Rap Battles of History to directly comment on it, saying Edgar Allan Poe kicked his ass.
- Honestly, just the fact that he's so prolific. Not everything he writes is a classic, but when he got it right, boy howdy did he get it right.
Awesome / Stephen King
A lot of scary things happen in Stephen King's world... and sometimes his characters rise to the challenge.