Awesome: Starship Troopers
- The Mobile Infantry by itself. It's so efficient and devastating that the Skinnies consider destroying one of their own skyscrapers to kill one soldier a good trade-off... And the MI agrees.
- Best shown in the opening battle. About fifty of them attack a Skinny city with a spaceport, raze it to the ground, nuke the one starship that was there, and scare the Skinnies into ditching their alliance with the Bugs and join the Federation (the whole point of the attack), and suffer exactly one dead (plus a few wounded).
- Rico's monologue about getting the shakes before every drop. He talks about how the psychologists worked him over, and declared that he wasn't scared, he was just eager to get into the action. He disagrees, stating that he's terrified every time. And yet, there is never any mention in the book of him hesitating to drop with his platoon. He steps into the Drop Pod and drops into hell with his men every time, despite his fear.
- Everything Zim does. It gets to the point that when he goes in combat the author is forced to mysteriously omit the name of the mysterious "best sergeant in the fleet," because by that point the reader already know that if Zim goes into a tunnel filled with Bugs he'll get out safe, sound and with a Brain Bug captured.
- Rico taking out the first tanker bug they encounter using his old future-football moves to get onto the bug, then blasting a hole in the bug's back and throwing a grenade inside. It's topped later by Dizzy killing one by tossing a grenade into its open mouth.
- From the second film, the platoon sergeant getting infected by the Puppeteer Parasite... then shooting herself up with enough adrenaline to give a bull moose a heart attack and going on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge, killing off about half the bad guys before offing herself to keep from being taken over.
- Not to mention: Hey General!
- Pvt. Sugar Watkins: "Just trying to kill some Bugs, sir!" And everything that follows.
- Johnny Rico: "I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all!"
- Klendathu Drop
- "Come on, you apes. You want to live forever?"
- The Bugs themselves get several.
- The Bugs turn the aforementioned Klendathu drop into a win for them, killing 100,000 troopers in the first hour of combat. By the end of the battle, the human body count has risen to over 300,000. In addition, if you listen, during the battle you can hear a com intercept stating that the Bugs are overrunning the retrieval ships.
- During the film's second battle sequence, an unfortunate trooper finds out the hard way that Bugs too know how to Kill It with Fire.
- Zander's defiant, prophetic Last Words: "One day, someone like me is gonna kill you and your whole fucking race!" He might have been a tool for most of the movie but he died like a man.
- Not to mention that before he is brought before the Brain Bug, he discretely hands a knife to Carmen so she might be able to buy herself a few seconds before Rico and his troopers arrive.
- Also, earlier in the film when Zander and Carmen rescue the Roughnecks from the ambush at the outpost, Zander jumps out of the rescue boat almost as soon as it lands and starts laying down covering fire. Say what you will about his personality, but the guy is no coward.