Awesome: Sigur Rós
The Unintelligible to the vast majority of the audience, they've achieved widespread mainstream success. It's not hard to imagine why.
- Ágætis byrjun
- "Svefn-g-englar" is like High Octane Sweet Dreams Fuel. And the title translates to "Sleepwalking Angels." Dawwwwwww
- "Starálfur." That string arrangment!
- "Olsen Olsen" starts off nice enough, but once things really kick in around halfway through, it just becomes glorious.
- And then after that comes the Breather Episode that is "Ágætis byrjun", which shows that even when working with just acoustic guitar, bass, drums and piano as opposed to their characteristic wall of sound, Sigur Rós can still deliver.
- ( )
- You'd be forgiven for crying at hearing the first song.
- "Samskeyti," Not unnoticed by Gregg Araki.
- The climax of "Glósóli" will change your life.
- "Hoppípolla" is definitely their most popular song, and for good reason! It's been used for the credits for the 2006 FA Cup final, The 2006 Olympics, and in the trailers for We Bought a Zoo, Children of Men, Penelope, and Slumdog Millionaire!
- "Sæglópur" is basically Scenery Porn for your ears.
- "Gong" is a shining example of the epic scale the band is known for.
- For such a short, simple song, "Með blóðnasir" sure manages to be incredibly heartwarming.
- Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
- "Varúð" is haunting.
- "Fjögur Píanó" is well-known for making people cry.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.