- Shrek and Donkey win over Duloc's spectators (and the home audience) with a no-holds-barred smackdown on Farquaad's knights.
- Fiona interrupts Robin Hood's song with a flying kick to the head, then Curb Stomps the Merry Men.
- A quick example: Shrek arrives just in time at Fiona and Farquaad's wedding, but upon the revelation that Fiona is an ogress, Farquaad orders his men to have her imprisoned and Shrek killed. All seems lost... then Dragon bursts in through the church's stain-glass window and takes a brief look around before promptly swooping down and eating Farquaad.
- This immediately gets compounded by Donkey announcing "I've got a dragon here and I'm not afraid to use it!" A content-looking Dragon then burps out Farquaad's crown.
- A Real Life example: The amount of success the first film received wasn't just at the box-office, but also involved Eddie Murphy and the screenplay winning BAFTAs, becoming the first American animated film since Peter Pan to play in competition at the Cannes Film Festival, and winning the inaugural Academy Award for Best Animated Feature with the screenplay gaining a nomination. All of this happened for a Fractured Fairy Tale about an ogre and a donkey! This not only made DreamWorks a powerful player in the animation feature industry, but made it possible for non-Disney studios to also compete in the field.