The original Seven Soldiers
Grant Morrison's Seven SoldiersZatanna:
- Her battle against Zachary Zor-
- "Yield, you omnipotent son-of-a-bitch! DLEIY!"
- Her father, Zatara, even got one when his magnum opus was revealed.
- "You know the best bit about magic? It's not about the self-improvement or the theory. It's not about illusion and trickery. It's all about doing the impossible. So let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?" .ydeaR "EKAWA ESREVINU! EKIRTS SREIDLOS NEVES!"
Zatanna and... someone else... saving the world in Seven Soldiers #1.
- After simultaneously hearing Sally Sonic's Dark and Troubled Past and getting her ass handed to her by Sally while trying to reason with her, Alix Harrower finally has enough and beats her with a car engine:
Bulleteer: I don't care who you are! I don't care what your #$$^&ing sob story is! DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON ME!
- The fact that agent Helen Helligan, after slowly succumbing to a poisonous bite from Gloriana, refuses to die before she stops her sister from marrying a guy who abuses her. And she does. How? She found out her future husband is a decades old werewolf who once fought Greg Saunders.
- Sir Ystin, Shining Knight of Camelot, is trapped in modern-day Los Angeles where no one speaks his language or knows who he is, is stripped of his winged horse, his sword, and his armor, and is being interrogated by the police when the Sheeda Queen corners him. His response? Grab a pistol out of a policewoman's holster, having never seen or used a gun before, and start shooting her point-blank, shouting "CAMELOT LIVES!" Sir Ystin, ladies and gentlemen: unshakable Bad Ass.
- After beheading Zombie Sir Galahad who's also worked out Ystin's actually a woman -
- The Undying Don facing the Sheeda and Neh-Buh-Loh head on as revenge for the death of Mo Colley, a man whom the Don was once friends with back when he was L'il Scarface in the Newsboy Army.
- Frankenstein got more than most. He... well, he fed one of the main series villains to the Flesh-Eating Horses of Mars. He did a Power Walk while a nuclear device went off in the background. He stabbed a universe in the chest. And then he somehow traveled to the year One Billion to commit a giant terrorist bombing against the world-destroying fairies.
"All in a day's work... for FRANKENSTEIN!"
- Special mention to how he deals with said world-destroying fairies. Their queen gives a long speech about how their brand of evil is totally justified and how they will ravage the Earth. Frankenstein's response before he blows up the fleet is probably one of the best cases of Shut Up, Hannibal! ever:
- Klarion turning into Horigal and the absolutely unyielding look of defiance his sister Beulah holds when both she and the women of Limbo Town have to deal with Melmoth.
- Shilo Norman performs what might be Mister Miracle's greatest escapes ever. He escapes the Omega Sanction, note the Anthropomorphic Personification of imprisonment, by offering it friendship, then he escapes a black hole, and then for his big finish, he successfully escapes being chained, bound, shot in the head and then buried. That is, Death itself. How? He did it by uploading his mind to Mother Box before death.
- Manhattan Guardian (when faced with the news that NY will suffer a blackout and an invasion in the middle of a bloody hurricane) -
- "Call out the Newsboys, Ed. We're taking it to the streets."
- Riding his horse to the rescue of his girlfriend in the final battle.
- I, Spyder during his Heel–Face Turn, when he puts an arrow in the Big Bad.
"Pinnacle of natural selection, my ass."
- The city of New York gets one:
"This is the story of humanity's last stand... and of the brave men and women of this city, who stood together and proclaimed, "LAST STAND? WE DON'T THINK SO!"