Awesome: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- The very first thing shown is awesome: The Universal logo and theme in 8 bit!
- Scott and Knives defeating Gideon through co-op mode, replicating the attacks from the Ninja game earlier in the movie.
- Fueled (quite literally) by Awesome Music, the Sex Bob-Omb's electric yeti monster faces off against the Katayanagi Twins' Double Dragons.
- Edgar Wright fans know there is a specific point in Hot Fuzz when an already funny movie suddenly became awesome. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World has a very similar "specific point", and that point is when Matthew Patel bursts through the ceiling, declares the beginning of the fight, and leaps at a confused Scott...who reacts by putting on a determined expression, throwing his guitar to Young Neil, blocking Patel, and punching him away, all with Written Sound Effects and a REVERSAL popup on the screen. It was at that point when all the Video Game Tropes that make this movie so unique started coming into play.
- "We are Sex Bob-omb, and we are here to watch Scott Pilgrim kick your teeth in! ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!"
- Scott's "Bass Battle" with Todd Ingram is made of awesome riffs.
- Every scene with an evil ex fight tends to have at least one piece of Awesome Music in them. For example:
- Matthew Patel: Scott reversing his attack in midair, the 64 hit combo and the epic uppercut.
- Lucas Lee: Scott taking on an army of stunt doubles, and Lee grinding down a suicidal rail.
- Todd Ingram: The aforementioned Bass Battle.
- Roxy Richter: Ramona fighting Roxy by moving Scott's arms for him.
- Katayanagi Twins: I'm sorry, but there isn't a moment here that isn't amazing.
- Gideon Graves: Scott kicking security's collective ass with The Power of Love, Scott and Knives using Ninja Ninja Revolution moves to beat the crap out of Gideon, Ramona's "Let's both be girls." line.
- Scott vs. Gideon with swords!
- Ramona vs. Roxy, before Scott joins in. Particularly awesome is because this is pretty much the only time Ramona truly asserts herself, protecting her boyfriend, fighting offensively, and openly defying the Evil Exes rather than being a Neutral Female.
- "You are blowing up... right now!"
- Everything the Vegan Police do is both this and hilarious.
It's milk and eggs, bitch.
- "Mr. Lee! You're needed back on set."
- Made so much better by how terrible Scott usually is with one-liners and insults.
- In a meta way, immediately after this, Lucas Lee crushes his coffee and throws it down. The trivia track reveals that Chris Evans actually crushed a cup of very hot coffee for each and every take. METHOD
- Scott gaining the Power Of Self-Respect:
Gideon: You wanna fight me for her?Scott: No... I wanna fight you for me!
- "Once you were a vegone. Now you will be gone!"
- "Not only do I want to take part... I want to take them apart!" I'm getting tingles too, Stephen.
- The Clash At Demonhead's number, 'Black Sheep' (actually a cover of a song by Toronto band Metric). The song is awesome and Envy just radiates sexy!
- On a meta level, the fact that Scott Pilgrim took on Captain America and Superman, and won (with an assist by the The Punisher for Superman).