- Jigsaw's entire plan for Adam and Lawrence in the first movie could qualify as his CMOA, considering the elaborate and mind screwing way he executes it. Also doubles as his Moral Event Horizon, when you think of the family he was holding hostage to accomplish it.
- Dr. Gordon's wife turning the tables on her kidnapper to save both herself and her daughter. And then there's the fact that they're among the only characters who are still alive by the end of the series.
- Actually, whenever you see a protagonist survive at the end of a movie (or anyone for that matter), it's pretty awesome, considering the franchise's iconic Anyone Can Die complex.
- Adam revealing himself to be alive, and subsequently bashing in Zep's head. The Reveal made it an "Awesome Aneurysm Moment" so to speak, but then the reveal was awesome in its own way.
- Props to the creators for the twist at the end. Foreshadowing with just the right amount of subtlety.
- Jigsaw asking Matthews for a glass of water. The delivery is just brilliant.
- Also, after seeing Jigsaw walk away from all his actions at the end of the first Saw film, seeing Eric Matthews give him a damn good beating was somewhat satisfying.
Matthews: I swear, if I don't see my son, I'll rip your fucking head off!John: I don't intend to mock you, Officer, but I'm a cancer patient. How could you possibly put me in more pain than I'm already in?
- Jeff shooting Amanda in the neck. After that bitch shot his wife and murdered people with inescapable traps, it was nice to see her bleeding out while Jigsaw, of all people, called her out on her horribleness.
- You gotta' give props to Jeff. He did what the entire police force couldn't do for seven whole movies and two video games: kill both Jigsaw and an apprentice in short order. Even if it didn't do him much good.
- Say what you want about John Kramer, but you have to admit that it was badass when he flipped off his last test subject with a tape after having his throat sliced. Just mere seconds before dying he had an enough clear head to do something like that. This troper takes her hat off to him.
- Let's face it, even though he becomes the series' biggest Unwitting Pawn cause of it, you have to admit that seeing Strahm beat the shit out of Hoffman in Saw V was effing awesome.
- Also, escaping an inescapable trap. With a pen.
- Luba knocking out the journalist in Saw V.
Luba: Survival of the fittest, my ass!
- Watching a medical insurance agent get his comeuppance in Saw VI...felt good.
William: Everybody thinks we're the bad guys. Nobody mentions the millions of people we help every year without incident. Or the millions of dollars we donate to charity every year. Or all the free clinics we support.
- On the reverse side of that, said health insurance executive summing up why Jigsaw is full of bullshit and extremely narrow-minded in choosing some of his victims.
- Hoffman killing three cops in about five seconds, while armed with nothing but a small knife and a cup of coffee. Totally badass.
- Brent, when he takes matters into his own hands after his mother decides not to kill William. Whether or not it was justifiable is subjective, but it's hard to deny that his total lack of uncertainty or hesitation is pretty damn awesome.
- Also, Hoffman's escape from the RBT, with no escape instructions. "Will to live" doesn't really do it justice.
- Especially awesome considering a vocal majority of the fandom was clamoring for Hoffman to be put in the jaw-splitter to die at the time, and his method of improvised survival gained the Lieutenant a legion of fans.
- 'I think we're breaking up with you, Dina!'.
- Say what you will about Hoffman, but you have to admit that his whole plan to break into a police station using the Bodybag Trick just to kill Jill Tuck was very clever.
- Finally seeing the Reverse Bear Trap used as it was meant to be at the end of Saw 3D.
- Even if the last movie wasn't that good, it had one of the best endings of the series. Dr. Gordon, who we last saw 7 years ago in the first movie, returns and finally gives Hoffman, a cold-hearted sociopathic bastard, his desserts by chaining him by the ankle in the bathroom he himself was first trapped in. As you hear Hoffman scream his F-U's, Gordon calmly states "Game over", and closes the door before him. Ass Pull may be, but it was still effing awesome.
- The mere fact that Amanda and Hoffman managed to be the sole survivors of a Jigsaw trap was pretty badass.
- Eric Matthews may have been a Jerkass (less so in Saw III & IV), but you can't argue his love for his son. He smashed his own foot to bits, and still took on Amanda. He had her all but beat too. By Saw IV, he seemed to have lost hope, but even at the end shot his former partner Rigg for a chance at living and presumably seeing his son again.
- If you play Saw: The Video Game right, Tapp escapes the Reverse Bear Trap with his bare hands, rescues all of the prisoners, and takes down Jigsaw's newest henchman.