Awesome: River Monsters
- Jeremy has survived life endangering situations countless times, such as a plane crash, nearly getting struck by lightning (it was actually his sound man who got struck a few feet away), numerous close calls with Nile crocodiles, and at least two bouts of malaria.
- He once got his chest rammed by a giant Arapaima, an injury that still caused him great pain six weeks after the incident. Only a few days later, he went on to catch an even bigger one.
- He fished in the Pripyat River near Chernobyl. Then he fished in the plant's cooling pond. Then he fished AT THE MOUTH OF THE CHANNEL FEEDING REACTOR NUMBER 4.
- The whole Goliath Tiger Fish episode.
- After seeing the "Killer Torpedo" episode you will officially believe tarpon are badass.
- No less so the man who crafted a technique for catching them that is essentially paddling an innertube with your feet and then using fly-fishing to catch these fish who, as we learn over the course of the episode, can cause serious injury if they ram you at full tilt.
- The fishermen of the Matis tribe in the Amazon, shown in one episode, are shown to hold electric eels bare handed. Electric eels that can fatally electrocute horses, and caiman!
- The Aboriginal tribe that catches blood-sucking fish by climbing directly int a giant waterfall to grab them by hand.
- Jeremy hunting for the Muskellunge: After fishing for several weeks using gear meant for large fish and not catching anything Jeremy decides to take a break to catch small fish to get his confidence back. He accidentally catches the exact fish he was looking for while using normal fishing gear (that would normally break with the a fish the size of the Muskellunge) in an area the fish is no meant to be, and almost immediately after throwing tabacoo into the lake as an offering to the "lake spirit"in imitation of a story that brought him to the area he was in.