Awesome: Queer as Folk
The UK Show contains examples of:
- "I'm queer. I'm gay. I'm homosexual. I'm a poof, I'm a poofter, I'm a ponce. I'm a bumboy, batty-boy, backside artist, bugger. I'm bent. I am that arse bandit. I lift those shirts. I'm a faggot-ass, fudge-packing, shit-stabbing uphill gardener. I dine at the downstairs restaurant, I dance at the other end of the ballroom. I'm Moses and the parting of the red cheeks. I fuck and I am fucked. I suck and I am sucked. I rim them and wank them, and every single man's had the fucking time of his life. And I am not a pervert. If there's one twisted bastard in this family, it's this little blackmailer here. So congratulations, Thomas. I've just officially outed you. (beat) Oh, and one more thing: did I mention I've got a baby?"
- Stuart to Nathan's father when he first sees them together:
Roy Maloney: "He's fifteen!"Stuart Alan Jones: "The Jeep's only six months old and you've already buggered it!"
- ...and at the car dealership where Stuart is replacing the buggered Jeep:
"Where do I sign?"
- Nathan's "public service announcement" in the Canal Street bar:
"He's here! He's queer! I'm buying him a beer!" - Alexander
- In the season two finale, Stuart challenging a homophobe in a country where guns are legal.
The US Show contains examples of:
- Brian sacrificing his career at the agency to bring Stockwell down. This is when you know that even though the jerkass layer is thick, the gold underneath is pure!
- When Brian realizes his boyfriend, Justin, knows Brian has cancer, Brian immediately dumps him out of fear of rejection. When Justin realizes this, he makes Brian soup in Brian's own kitchen while Brian is at work, then when Brian gets home and rails at him, Justin stands up for himself, saying that they had a commitment and that he is not leaving. It ends with Justin spitting "now get back in bed, you son of a bitch, and eat some fucking chicken soup."
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Heather Small's "Proud" in the pilot episode, when Michael and Brian are up on the hospital roof.
- A minor but memorable one: when Emmett calls out Blake in the first season at Babylon with campy disco music in the background. It almost makes him Manly Gay.
Emmett: If you break his heart, I will break. your. face. Now if you'll excuse me, they're playing my song.
- Brian deciding to plan a replacement wedding for Melanie and Lindsey in 24 hours
- Brian running of the ad exposing a murder and coverup close to a homophobic mayoral candidate (and the subsequent benefit concert, proceeds of which went to the nonexistent organization that Brian claimed paid for the ad)
- Michael finding Brian after he's tried to hang himself on his 30th birthday, and his "you still have your powers" speech:
Brian: Why do you always have to ruin everything?
Michael: Ruin? I'm saving you! Just like Toby Harper saved Captain Astro in issue 231 of Astro Comics, when Captain Astro thought that he lost all of his super powers.
Brian: God, you are so pathetic.
Michael: No, you are! Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers. And you always will. Whether you're 18, or you're 30, or you're 50, or you're 100. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, for fuck's sake!
- David's dance show in Babylon.
- The crossdressed Michael flirting (and kissing!) with his Jerkass boss.
- Michael, when being threatened to be fired if he doesn't put the clown costume on, kisses the boss again, revealing himself.