Awesome / Pulp Fiction
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know my name is the Lord... when I lay my vengeance upon thee!
- Most of Jules' dialogue to Brett in the opening scene, and not just for the fact that nearly every line of it has since become a well-known quote.
- "'What' ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?"
- "English motherfucker, do you speak it?"
- "DOES. HE. LOOK. LIKE. A BITCH?"
- "My name's Pitt, and you ain't talkin' your ass outta this shit."
- "I DON'T REMEMBER ASKIN' YOU A GOD DAMN THING."
- "It's the one that says Bad Motherfucker." He just says it so diplomatically!
- Topped at the end. "The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be this shepherd."
- Butch saving Marcellus with a katana and holding Zed at sword point, taunting him to pick up the gun. And then Marsellus tells Butch to step aside, just before blowing Zed's balls off.
Marcellus: (to Zed) I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting niggas to go to work on the holmes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. You hear me talking, hillbilly boy!? I ain't through with you by a damn sight! I'm gonna get medieval on your ass!
- The entire sequence with Winston Wolf. "I solve problems."
Winston Wolf: It's about thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.
- The opening. "Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you!!"—cue an immediate cut to "Misirlou" by Dick Dale note blaring: the perfect music to get across the message "strap yourself in, it's gonna be one hell of a ride."
- The ending: Jules and Vincent calmly walk out of the restaurant, like cowboy heroes with knowing swagger exiting a saloon after the big showdown.
- Captain Koons' monologue detailing the history of the gold watch, and Butch's ancestors. Badass Family indeed.
- As convoluted and crazy as the scenario was, there is a bit of Crazy Awesome in seeing Vincent and Lance bring Mia back to life with the needle.
Jody: That was fucking trippy.
- Despite the movie portraying Vincent as dangerously careless and absent minded he manages to sneak out of the bathroom and into the standoff between Jules and Yolanda. Had it not been for his partner wanting to defuse the situation nonviolently and drawing attention to him, he could have easily shot and killed her before she had time to react due to the fact that she was focused on Ringo and Jules.
- Jules managing to quickly and effortlessly take control of the situation at the diner in mere moments.
- Speaking of the diner, be real: when the movie looped around and you saw Pumpkin and Honey Bunny again, your face lit up. Especially with the showdown with Jules and how it plays out, it makes for one of the most unexpected but also amazing finales to any movie.
- Words are not enough to do justice to this scene: Jules has Ringo and Yolanda pointing their guns at him, then - after distracting Ringo with the briefcase's content - he effortlessly pulls Ringo and point his gun at his face turning the situation in his favor as Yolanda becomes too panicked to do anything else other than shouting. After that he calmly, non-violently, defuses the entire situation - even after Vincent almost fucked it up - and makes both would-be-burglars leave.