* Tatsuya gets one at the duology's end. In ''Eternal Punishment'', after Nyarlathotep exposes his sin ([[spoiler:selfishly refusing to forget his friends, even though he ''knew'' it would allow the abomination to return and try again to destroy the world]]) to the other party members, Baofu essentially tells Nyarlathotep to "shove it up your ass", and each of them cheer Tatsuya up. Then, Tatsuya vows to finally atone for his sin and fight head on; accompanied by his voice sounding far more braver and confident when he fights or summons his persona during the final boss battle.
* ''Innocent Sin'' has Eikichi's TookALevelInBadass moment loaded with this, with a healthy side order of heartwarming. He's getting beaten up by four guys while some loser is holding a knife to his former girlfriend [[spoiler: who still loves him but was ashamed to see him because she put on a lot of weight]]. He takes the beating, but when the asshole with the knife attempts to cut her, he throws all four goons off effortlessly and beats the fail out of the bastard with the knife. The heartwarming part is this: [[spoiler: he tells said girl, whom he still loves, that nothing would make him not love her.]]
* Decking [[ThePowersThatBe Philemon]] for the [[WhatTheHellHero crap he's put everyone through]].
* Katsuya cracking the mystery behind the Kimon Tonkou formation at the near end of the TV Station dungeon.
* So, someone decides to start a rumor that Adolf Hitler is still alive. Not a problem, right? Well, normally not. But what with this whole "rumors become reality" business... Long story short, you get to kick the crap out of Hitler!
* Guido has Eikichi at gunpoint as a hostage and decides to shoot him anyway. [[spoiler: Cue Tatsuya arriving on the scene, slamming the door between Guido and Eikichi open, reflecting the bullet.]] BigDamnHeroes, indeed!
* Fighting Nyarlathotep in ''Eternal Punishment''. Unlike in ''Innocent Sin'', where he [[TheBattleDidntCount acts like the fight didn't happen in the first place]], here it's indicated that he's actually taking the fight seriously. Sure, he invokes AsLongAsThereIsEvil immediately, but the fact still remains that you beat him, and his VillainousBreakdown after indicates he never thought it was possible for him to ''lose''.
* ''Innocent Sin'' has a moment for each of the main cast members (save Tatsuya and Jun) in which Tatsuya has to show them a form of "tough love" in order for them to grow. If you let them do it, then not only do you earn their Prime Personae, but you let them get some awesome moments in:
** Eikichi's is the first, in which he pulls a RulesLawyer on the rumour system. The rumour goes that the "Leader" (Hiroki) is stronger than the "Boss" (Eikichi), and that's true... [[spoiler:so Eikichi quits being the Boss, [[LoopholeAbuse because the rumour doesn't say that Hiroki is stronger than Eikichi]].]] By the end of it, Hiroki is a blubbering, bloody mess.
** Next is Lisa, who has to actually perform in the concert she's been roped into. It's more minor than the others, but it allows her to finally set the record straight to the world about who she is, which was the thing holding her back from properly bonding with other people.
** Maya decides to rescue Ixquic from being burnt to death, despite having panic attacks and flashbacks at any other point where she's encountered it. She pulls it off. Even if Tatsuya doesn't let her do this, however, she'll still save someone: [[spoiler:she uses her Persona to stop ''Tatsuya'' from falling into the flames when he loses his grip.]]
** Last is Yukino, who has just seen [[spoiler:the love of her life murdered by the Last Battalion.]] Should Tatsuya encourage her to keep going, she will fight her own Shadow off ''by herself''. No other character in the series has ever fought off their own Shadow without help, and most can't even try to do such a thing without making it go berserk.