* [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/23 The 6/23/11 strip]] featuring "Opposite Day." Most readers will realize it was a LONG time coming.
* [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/02/05 The 2/5/12 strip]] has Goat [[KickTheSonOfABitch finally giving Rat what he deserved.]]
* The March 2012 Strip where [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/03/12 Pastis gets tired of Rat]].
** What's even more awesome, is than Stephan won a Ruben Award in real life.
* In retaliation for [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/07/26 Rat being overly precise about yogurt]], [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/07/27 Goat gets overly precise about beer.]]
* Looks like [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2012/12/12 Andy finally escaped the chain.]]
* Rat, of all people, pepper spraying a man for claiming that [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/04/19 books are useless]].
* Bill Watterson, the legendary and [[ReclusiveArtist incredibly reclusive]] author of ComicStrip/CalvinAndHobbes, is a fan of Pastis', to the point where he came out of retirement to [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/06/04 guest-draw for a week]].
* "#$@&!* you, [[TakeThat British Petroleum]]" - said by ''[[BewareTheNiceOnes Pig]]''.
* [[EnsembleDarkhorse The killer whale]] making another [[http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2013/01/31 unexpected appearance]] by devouring the killer dolphins that are trying to eat Larry.
* An encyclopedia salesman tries to sell Rat an encyclopedia, but Rat points out that they're obsolete due to the Internet. The salesman throws a book at him and asks if the Internet can do that.
* In one strip, Rat meets a bull going to a bullfight, which Rat points out that the bull dies at the end of the fight. The bull then whips out an Uzi and says that he's evening the odds.