Awesome: Oracle of Tao
- Limit Break: Aqorm kills dragons, titans, demigods, and fallen angels... by throwing coins at them!
- Aqorm's Steal ability can remove the nuts and bolts from robots, instant killing even the toughest droids.
- Anideshi's normal attack with the Sword of Sorrow pretty much is instant kill for most enemies in the game. Not because it causes death status or anything, but because it's massive damage, plus about six attacks.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Tamashii, The Empath, has a power that restores a percent of life (and heals curses) in exchange for wounding her. But try using it against the final boss of the game... making it a literal example of this.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Ambrosia literally creates all existence in the universe, saving it from Dream Apocalypse. This leads to later on having a Remember When You Blew Up a Sun? moment, where she explains what she was doing (more or less), since nobody but her knows about it.
- With all the weirdness going on in this game, sometimes it's the little things that matter. Nevras with all his original objections to Ambrosia being poor, manages to accept her now being God. This may seem like a small acceptance, but in this game God Is Not Good, being closer to a Blue and Orange Morality, and somewhat sadistic (apparently everyone knows it too, which explains Ambrosia's extreme fear and embarrassment at having become this). This is compounded by the fact that even if God weren't all these things, Ambrosia isn't all together, and would probably destroy the world on a whim. Nevras and Ambrosia's duaghter Tamashii are okay with this without question.
Tamashii: Are you kidding? That's like the coolest thing my mom could be!
- Nevras's dad and mom fend off assassins without help from their guards.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The Anti-Government Council. A society for basically regulating countries by keeping them from becoming countries, conducts trade and operates much like the UN or other such group, and is perfectly devoted to their role.
- What actually is awesome, is that such a paradoxical organization has managed to last not one, but several thousand years.
- "The Bloody Pet Shovel." It's just a really cool story, both awesome and heartwarming.
Long ago, before society was like it is today, there was an old woman living by herself in a hut. She often wished she had a son or daughter to take care of, or someone for company. One day, she was buying supplies when she saw an old shovel in the shop. "Perhaps," she said, "I could convince myself that this shovel is my child." As she was getting senile, she figured it would be only a few years before she believed this anyway. So she came home with the shovel, and placed it in a chair. When it was time to eat, she moved it to the dinner table, and when it was time to sleep, she moved it to the bed. But the shovel would not eat, and would not sleep. So she asked the local Druid to animate the shovel, to have a companion. The Druid told her, "Give it blood for three years, and it will live as your child." The old woman told the Druid's advice, and soon began to feed her blood to the shovel, coating it with the fluids of her body. The shovel began to hop around, and did chores for her. For a time she was happy, but gradually as she gave blood she began to get weaker. She called the Druid back and asked another favor. "I am getting weak, would you watch over my shovel?" The Druid stayed to take care of her, and gradually as she was losing blood, the shovel began to notice, and hopped toward the garden. The shovel dug holes, and planted crops and herbs for her to eat, and the Druid helped raise them. Gradually, the woman recovered and awoke from her weakness. When she awoke, the shovel was nowhere to be found. Instead, a young girl was found digging holes and planting herbs in the garden. The woman, the girl, and the Druid lived together in the house for the rest of their lives.
- Some of the other "folk tales" are pretty good too.
- The Power of the Void is a key portion of the plot. So, when Estheriel shrugs it off it's really saying something, especially when the average target has Cessation of Existence.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.