Awesome: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
open/close all folders
- Use of the Wii-mote and Nunchuck to launch actual attacks. Keeps a fluent feel without using Wii-Motion Plus.
- Cutting people in half, vertically. No longer a simple Cutscene Power to the Max.
- The Rose-Nasty, the pink Dual Wielding beam katanas. The fact that it is given to you by Takashi Miike (as himself) only extends the threshold of awesome as you bisect mooks.
- After defeating Alice, Travis gives one of the best speeches in the game, realizing that what he's been doing has been downright awful and that his fellow assassins were humans instead of toys. Ending with him screaming at Sylvia about how she forgot about Alice like she did about him.
- What's better? He ends the speech with vowing to tear down the UAA and planning to become a hero on his own terms, making sure that no assassin ever goes through the type of torture that he and all of his opponents again.
- While Shinobu's fights with Million Gunman and New Destroyman could have been a bit more polished, the way she takes them out is simply glorious.
- For the latter, it also has a Call Back to the first game where Destroy Man insists that he and Travis shake hands as a sign of sportsmanship, then electrocutes him. When he tries the same thing with Shinobu, she cuts his hand off before he can do anything to her. At the end of the fight, she says that she really did fall for it.
- At the end of the fight against Jasper Batt's second form, Travis ends the fight by dropkicking him in the face and out of a window (the same window he's likely been throwing the player out of countless times,) suddenly making the most obnoxiously difficult boss in the game all worth it.
- Meta-example, if you beat all of Ryan's strength training mini-games.
- The Charlie MacDonald/Santa Death Parade fight. A fucking giant mecha battle in the middle of the city.
- Travis having the foresight to prepare for the average insanity of the rank battles is quite a feat.
- Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker, playable in a boss fight. He's extremely fast, and his Sword Beam is mesmerising.
- Henry, again assists during the fight with Jasper Batt, Jr.
- Margaret, just because of the best damn boss music ever. Even Travis admits it's catchy, and he (and the player by extension) is the one getting insulted in the song!
- Finishing off Jasper Batt Jr. while an awesome guitar track plays in the background.